MAgneto question

Hello

I have a 1978 Peugeot 103, got it out of a junk yard. It is very complete and in nice condition. It does not run. no electricity. I want to remove the magneto because it looks pretty crusty in there . I have removed the magneto retaining nut, my question: Is the magneto itself a press fit item or a threaded fit item?. What is the correct procedure for removal of the mag.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Re: MAgneto question

You are going to need a puller to get the flywheel off. Try http://www.sportsbay.com/flywheelpuller.html that's where I got my puller from.

Bryan

Chris MWH /

$50.00??? We sell the peugeot flywheel puller new for $18.00

Chris

Sorry for the late response I was gone for awhile

Thanks for the information you guys, I will get a puller now and then report back

Kevin

Kevin.. it is a BIA BIA to get that thing off.. ask kelvin I think he was the one having the hardest itme with it..

I cna't get mine off even with a damn steering wheel puller I use in for alignments at the shop.. lol... i don't know i think after time and heat expanding and all it finaly just fused together or something.. good luck man.. hope you can get it off.

Pulled off the Mag!! it litterally came off with a bang. Now I need to clean this thing up, rusty and crusty in there. But I think that the compenents look good. Now I am holding the mag in my hand and wondering how to line it up when I go to re-install it. Seems like it is time to find a shop manual for this moped. Anyone know where I can find a manual or information on Mag reinstallation, point setings etc.?? Thanks for the help.

Kevin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account