Re: Update on my ped (technical)

Ron Brown /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Dave,

Sounds like you are winning.

You do have a problem when looking for more low speed torqe. I don't know if your ped has more than one gear, but if it only has one, you are going to have a hard time making it faster off the line.

Most modifications are related to improving mixture flow through the engine at higher rpm and this is obviously not what you want.

If you are still too rich, this will affect your power at all rpm. 2 cycles run better and better as you lean them out, then they seize up! So be carefull and check your plug color.

The only mod that would really give you more low end would be a 700cc kit. Increasing compression will give you a little improvement but may force you into higher octane gas.

Have you thought about the advantages of l.p.a. (light pedal assistance) when getting off the line:-).

Ron

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Update on my ped (technical)Topic by: david f martin david f martin 01/31/01 09:24PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Fred Fred 02/01/01 11:07AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/01/01 11:32AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Fred Fred 02/01/01 02:49PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/01/01 09:42PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/01/01 11:11PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/01/01 11:55PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/02/01 10:13AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/02/01 10:22AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/02/01 10:46AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account