Re: Update on my ped (technical)

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

If the air filter is a paper element... use a very light oil.. and not too much.

If it's foam any regular motor oil is fine... again not too much... or your four stroking will get a lot worse.. (squeeze out the excess oil)

Bikes sometimes get brought into dealers and the only thing wrong is the owner put too much oil on it.

On the four stroking.. just put a smaller jet in and try it again (after you put the oiled filter in).

Compression on a ped is pretty low (don't have a figure though).. usually I look for it to blow my finger off the spark plug hole when I kick it.

I wouldn't go crazy on mods.. I wouldn't do the carb.. too much hassle.. not enough gain.. you are limited most by not being able to change the gearing.

See if you can find a cheap "tuned pipe" off something else and adapt it.. (a guy named Tim here found that a stock Tomos pipe perked up a Puch pretty good.. and was cheap)

Reed valves on Jap bikes last forever as far as I'm concerned.. they are made out of spring stainless steel.. Want to check it?.. Take it off and try to suck air (with your mouth) through it the wrong way... No air?.. It's good

Wouldn't do the bore kit either.. If it goes 30 to 35 mph.. leave it.. don't kill it.

If you want to go faster..buy a small motorcycle.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Update on my ped (technical)Topic by: david f martin david f martin 01/31/01 09:24PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Fred Fred 02/01/01 11:07AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/01/01 11:32AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Fred Fred 02/01/01 02:49PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/01/01 09:42PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/01/01 11:11PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/01/01 11:55PM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/02/01 10:13AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: david f martin david f martin 02/02/01 10:22AM
  Re: Update on my ped (technical)Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 02/02/01 10:46AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account