Re: OT: We're all Fucked!!! (stock market)

Edward Richardson /

This isn't about you buying a poor person a house, its about keeping "Joe Middle-Class" in his house and paying the mortgage. Its about a couple of common sense solutions that can make worthless loans back into proper loans. Also why can't these private corporations make stock offerings to cover these debts, after all the bail out is an "investment", why not make an investor "pool of the willing" rather than the taxpayer.

I have a depression proof job, guns and ammo, I'm good. $6 gas makes me laugh. 6 miles RT to work.

squirm

Only $4000 in the market and mortgage I can handle.

Squirm republicrats.

All that doesn't make you right. How are you sitting financially?

Right, I understand, i should hae said im "Down" not ive lost. Just making the point of how much its dropped.

kim jensen /

That "Dissident Voice" article is Excellent Dustin!!

kbj

Regulation busting is what led to greed and the packaging of subprime and stated income loans and variable interest rate loans to the dirivative market - at very profitable fees!

The Gramm act circa 1999 was cleverly inserted into the budget bill at the last minute and not read by anyone before the budget bill was voted in!

Many prominent people warned us this would happen, but Wall Street got theirs and didn't give a shit. Now they come with their hats in hand. I think NOT!

Reduced security margins of 24-1 instead of the usual 12-1 left many companies and Fannie and Freddie underfunded - again with the de-regulation.

Remember the last bailout? The Savings and Loan Meltdown, which John McCain was a big part of! Known as the Keating Five!

McCain is the biggest de-regulator in Wahington! The only reason needed not to vote for him - with Palin a close 2nd!

Let these bastards crash and we can start over with a system of well-regulated small local banks. Fuck the Federal Reserve and their grand plan to dominate the world.

Watch the movie "Zeitgiest" online and you will know!!!

kbj

Zeitgeist is 5% truth mixed with 95% total shit, but I think you missed the point, kbj...Zeitgeist would say (and in this, at least, they are correct) that the solution is LESS govt involvement with the banks, not more. You might want to watch that again.

lol Zeitgeist... it's like that guy was mad about one thing and then just kept going. "and another thing: I don't wanna pay taxes!"

There's an important lesson to be learned from Zeitgeist though: If you have a bunch of half-baked conspiracy theories, people are more likely to buy into one of your ideas if you don't lump them all together in one long crazy rant like some kind of package deal. Some people may really be feeling you on the whole "Jesus never existed" thing, but then you go and spoil your credibility by saying "The Illuminati blew up the Twin Towers with dynamite!"

John McCain 10 days ago: _The economy is sound_

Phil Graham McCain's adviser and probable choice for Sec. of the Treasury: _We have become a nation of whiners... this is a mental recession... you are all mental_

_OBAMA_

Well said!

Finally some true facts from impartial economic experts!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

well it depends all them fancy banks never would loan me any money. so i have a problem them gettin my money to bail out a bunch of fat cats that overextended their salaries and made bad loans to corporate clients let the banks fall all my savings are in cool stuff like mopeds, art, musical instruments and freelance comodities (hehehe)

actually, mccain said "the fundamentals of our economy are sound" which has been misconstrued into him saying that our economy is doing well.

According to "Investopedia," funamentals mean:

Information relating to the economic well-being of a company such as revenue, earnings, assets, liabilities and growth. These factors are used to determine the worth of an investment in fundamental analysis.

Mark, what's wrong with a degree from Western Michigan University?

http://www.wmich.edu/wmu/news/2008/08/026.html

http://www.wmich.edu/politics/history.html

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Stocks are tanking again at opening! Sweetness. I can't wait for GD2!

Also, Mark; I've said this once, and I'll say it again. Fuck the idea that the Federal Government needs to make financial decisions for me. Fuck the idea of being taxed more because it's "patriotic." I'm more than capable of budgeting my money on my own and don't need to create a "better" system of more bureaucracy bullshit.

for more information on Obama's financial Advisor, Raines:

http://www.conservativeedge.com/Top-Obama-financial-advisers-could-be-facing-felon

And if you're still unsure what all this means, here's another link to explain why the FBI is doing an investigation to understand the accounting errors of Fannie's former Chief Exec, and now Obama's Financial Advisor.

_That is one sector of the economy that isn’t getting any smaller any time soon_

_Spoken like a true republican…_

Well, a true republican may wells speak like that, I wouldn't know. But I just know that we have 1 quagmire and 1 soon to be quagmire, and enlistment isn't even high enough to keep our PRE war standing military. So no, it's not going to get smaller soon.

--Scott

Congratulations! You've invested in "means of production"

Erin, you've made an appeal to your own authority yet you haven't really used it rather you've relied on others to prove your points. Speak up with YOUR voice, this isn't a synthesis assignment, you've already earned your degree, speak from your authority not others' as if they had more validity than your own. I may not agree with you but I certainly respect your opinions, and your education. You're well spoken and seem able to stand on your own merit, you don't need to justify your opinions, theories, and principals with sources in regards to what you are educated in.

Edward Richardson /

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/23693.html

A conservative edge wouldn't be particularly sharp would it?

edward, what did you see wrong about the article posted in the conservative edge? I'd be happy to provide an alternative source if you need me to.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account