NE Ohio Fix-It Day!!!

Okay so i went over to chris' house and we workin on some peds and decided that ne ohio needs to get together and have a fix it day. so im down. we could grill out and go for a ride later in the day. so im thinkin the 25th would be good for me. anyone interested? suggest dates and we can see when everyone is available. itll be at cheis' house. and my dad will bring all the tools.

Re: NE Ohio Fix-It Day!!!

where are you located? think i know someone else in my area that would be interested

I might be down if I can get a truck for the day. My Magnum's mostly road-worthy again but not nearly close enough for that far of a ride.

chris's house is in beachwood ohio. yeah we wont take too long of a ride.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

my house is on the beachwood/university heights/shaker hts border. i am a 2 minute ride from john carrol university.

we will have foodz and (non-alcoholic) drinks for your eatin and drinkin. if you want you can BYOB, i don't drink but i don't mind if you do.

plenty of room in my garage to work on peds, i have bunches of tools and robby's dad has almost any tool you could think of. we're working on getting a moby clutch puller for our french surrender bikes.

bring your mopeds over and lets get greasy!!!

it would seem we share a common ped model. 2 questions.

1. why do you have the handlebars set so low?

2. i can't get mine past 33 max speed cruising. how do you hit 45?

Who are you talking to?

aph

i might as well post the question here. can anyone tell me where a good place is to buy 2 stroke oil?

1) I used to rock flat clubman bars on my Batavus Starflite, but my Magnum has the big dash with the key switch/indicator lights so they wouldn't fit. I bought an old pair of motorcycle drop clubmans and they work fine, even if they sit really low.

2) My Magnum tops out at 27-30MPH but should get a few more MPH once I put my high-flow air filter on and retune the carb. The 45MPH in my profile comes from my Sears Allstate Sabre noped, which will hopefully be on the road before winter.

3) I'm still running generic 2-stroke from Wal*Mart. Something like 99c/3 ounces. I dump the whole thing into a 2.5 ga jug, top it off with regular unleaded and add a few glubs of STP gas treatment. Perfect 40:1 ratio.

lol i just need to know where to get it. i love having oil injection because i hate mixing shit. but if you say walmart works i guess ill look out there around mid day when the traffic clears up.

They're little blue bottles with black screwtop lids. I have two crammed into my Magnum's trunk just in case. I've thought of trying to track down a jug of dirt bike racing oil but the shops around here only specialize in crotch rockets or lawn mowers.

so walmart is the best shot then?

just a notice. i have started a facebook group called Moped Riders of Ohio. got a couple people in on it as of yesterday. i think it could be a great place to organize groups and meetings and such. let's try and give it a shot.

Hey Alph,

If you get a truck you can pick me up and chauffeur me around town.

is this date still good for everyone? shout if your down

I'm at OU either that weekend or the next. If it's the next I'll be there, even if my 'ped might not be.

tight id love to draw a crowd and have a bunch of people

c'mon out guys it'll be fun!!

directions maybe?

we still on??

yea any info on that? doesnt seem like much is going on there.

this is still a few weeks away but lets keep this thread going....

google maps : intersection of Shaker Blvd and Belvoir rd, shaker hts 44122

i broke my throttle cable on my sachs today... grr!! gonna try and find a replacement tomorrow at Dicks.... also blew the tail light... DOUBLE GRR!!!

What's the date? Time?

is everyone alright with changing the date to the 26th?

that would be a sunday. i will be out of town on the 25th and wont be able to go.

that's good sunday october 26th the earlier the better... like NOON at the LATEST

coolio and the gang?

let me know!!

Someone email me or something. Where's this gonna be? Can I bring my Jawa? :(

yes please lets get some directions or addresses up on here so that theres some way to actually get to this thing

omg so bump. umm ill be bringing my maxi and my dads moby. does anyone want a blue moby romp frame. if so ill sell it to someone and we can take it to chris house. its a rolling bike with no engine.

Yeah Post a Addy on here for everyone...I think I might make it...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account