bulbs for vespa grande deluxe signals?

I have been using the Paggio ciao/bravo service manual to learn my bike (because I was told it was essentially the same, EXCEPT for the electrical).

According to that manual, the ciao/bravo both take 12v turn signal lights - but all the other lights are 6v. This makes no sense to me, being that this is a 6V system,.....but regardless, I was told the electrical on the grande deluxe is different anyway.

That being said,.......what are the stock bulb ratings for my grande deluxe's turn signal bulbs?

And is the my stock headlight a 6v-15w?

Thanks for your help, Grande owners.

bulbs for vespa grande deluxe signals?

kim jensen /

The bulb I took out of my spare Grande turn signal is a 6v 21 watt bayonet type bulb with the pins straight accross.

They are powered by the 6v battery, so 12v bulbs would make no sense.

The headlight is aCEV 6v 21w bulb.

Zipy has the headlight and tail light bulb, not sure of the signal bulbs though.

My signal bulb says K25601. The housing also says 21w.

You might want to try www.taillightking.com for those if Zippy doesn't have them

best of luck!

kbj

Re: bulbs for vespa grande deluxe signals?

just go to autozone and ask for a 6v single-filament bayonet type.

BryAn eurism /

Vespa has a renown for bad turn signals. BTW turn signals are for motorcycles, which a Grande is not. Can't live without 'em? Go get a 'busa or ZX13

Do any of the signal bulbs work? Keep in mind that battery has to have water in it and have a charge on it for the system to work. Maybe the battery is dead if none of the signal lights are working.

phizappakrappa /

Thanks for the help, bro!!! You're the man!!!

phizappakrappa /

According to the DMV,...I need the turn signals for this to be street legal in the state of California.

phizappakrappa /

To be honest, Frank. I just bought the proper 6v battery the other day, I got it home and realized that my motorcycle battery charger only charges 12V batteries - so now I am waiting for a 6V charger that I bought off eBay.

The bike came with a dead 12V battery installed - and you tipped me off that the 1157 12V bulbs are often mistakingly in the tail lights, which was the case in my bike. So my goal now is to make sure I have all the proper bulbs in the bike, while I am waiting for my 6V trickle charger.

I did pick up the 1154 you suggested for the tail,...but it was in a generic package that claimed it to be a 12V bulb. Do you think that is a misprint on the package? Or can you get an 1154 in both a 12V and a 6V format? I was under the impression that all 1154's were 6V.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account