Off Topic: Go Kart

Many of you have seen my 60's Rupp Go Kart, and I just now stumbled across a body for one on ebay. The back of the seat area is taller than mine but the same otherwise.

I wanna put a 2 stroke motor of some kind in mine, maybe even with a transmission, but a vartiator could almost be cool too. Right now it's got a 3 horse power Briggs, and I'm sick of those falling aprat all the time.

This one's mine....

~and Here is the other one I just found

Re: Off Topic: Go Kart

That thing is awesome! I'd love to put a sweet little two stroke shifter into it!

SIICK, i want one too ride it to our rally!

it's like a batmobile only it's twice as awesome

put a motor bike engine in there move the shifter, gas , clutch to your foot or maybe do a hand shifter

There's plenty of room to put a cool hand shifter in on the side and look good. I'd like to also mount a speedometer into it. And yes I have been wanting to put a smaller 2 stroke motorcycle motor in with like a 4 speed. I do have an 67 Bridgestone 90cc that I'd like to put in it, but it's froze and needs some work. My Monza Jr's a 1966 I'm pretty sure. I also still have the emblem for the front, I keep in my tool box. Although most all old Corvairs have those same symbols on their sides. So they aren't as rare as that ebay ad tries to let on. Looking around, I think they made those hi-back ones inn the early70's and they should have had a full wrap-around windshield, which I would LOVE to have!

that thing is sick looking

th easiest way would prob be to buy an old running dirt bike, and steal the drive train out of it. a kawasaki 80 would be PLENTY... only problem would be were to mount the radiator lol (well, at least my 198? is water cooled :P)

By far the coolest Kart Ive ever seen.

Even better it's a Corvair!!!!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account