Windshields rule!

Andrew Squiggman /

Just installed a windshield on my 78 honda express. What a difference. It is so much more comfortable riding now that the weather is getting brisk here. I do notice that the bike feels a little slower, since i am not getting pounded by the wind anymore, but thanks to the speedo, I see I actually picked up like one MPH. maybe makes me more aerodynamic. and I hear the motor more, as it reflects the sound back, but I give it a big thumbs up! dont really have an issue, just haven't seen many mopeds and nopeds with them. only a few listed under photos.

1222218852_ped001.jpg

Windshields rule!

I have an actual Puch one but I have never mounted it. For some reason, I just don't think it will look good on my Maxi N or on my Swinger 2. I need a lame Maxi for it to go on.

Re: Windshields rule!

I think the shields look good on express and bravo mopeds, and I had that exact shield on an express once. Super lame / awesome

Andrew Squiggman /

well, I think half the coolness of the express is the anorexic geekiness it has. so, I think that i couldnt go wrong. and being in maine, the riding season is kinda short, so this does extend it for me, as being f***ing numb and frozen after a 5 minute ride really sucks.

Andrew Squiggman /

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Get a big insulated work jumpsuit. Meant for working outside in the winter it kept me nice and toasty and extended my ride season through until spring. At least when I was certain the roads were clear!

I dunno, windshields look pretty ugly. Are you not wearing a full face helmet? Because I don't see how it would make you that much warmer.

Andrew Squiggman /

I wasnt wearing a helmet at all, not required here. i know, i know. you dont have to say it. anyway, just the wind beating and blowing down my shirt, etc. i do have a full face helmet as well, getting used to it. but i do have to admit the wind does fatigue you after a while. not so much with the windshield.

and as to windshields being ugly, honda expresses are ugly too. but that dont matter. the beauty is not in the lines or colors, but in the pure simplicity and efficiency of these things. what really makes a moped pretty or pretty ugly anyway?

i looove your sweat catcher. does that help keep ball sweat off the frame?

If its getting cold I usually wear a jacket, pants, and a mask. I think those shields are ugly.

Steve Williams /

that's uglier than my ex-wife!

Isn't getting pounded half the fun? I like the feeling of the wind, makes me think I'm going fast.

What ever floats your boat. I personally like a bare bones style but it's you bike ride what makes you happy.

"Isn’t getting pounded half the fun?"

LOL. For the ladies, sure.

lmfao!

Hard to believe you picked up speed with that on there...but if you did you did. I hate the look of them, but if it helps go for it, Andrewhed do you still have your moby windshield about? maybe I would buy it from you if you do?

i just use a set of ww2 german motorcycle goggles and a scarf. leather jacket and leather gloves. long underwear under jeans, engineer boots. plenty warm and no lame geek shield.

I had a full windshield all last winter and it made quite the difference even with a full face and winter gear. Plus if you get the right one it will compliment your ped.

1222345941_0025.jpg

Gunther McCilicutty /

is that a Velociraptor?

I've got a windshield on one of mine, not for the cold, but because it's always raining down here. Hell, it's raining right now. I found that if I mount the shield high enough to cover my face, it slows the 'ped down, but if I mount it low, hugging the headlight bucket, it actually gives me 1 or 2 more mph. If it starts raining, I can crouch down. Doesn't do squat, though, when I have to stop at a light.

No creamy goodness.

that's one of those ones that spits at Newman when he's trying to escape with the shaving cream can full of embryos.

-aaron

Clothing creates too much drag, I think that au'natural is the way to go. Ride Naked Day, I think it is 4/20 each year? I may be wrong.

-Curly

balls

Windshields are pretty lame, but when you have one AND a milk crate on the back... that is just awsome, plus maybe an American flag. And they do keep you a hell of a lot warmer.

fuck the american flag... rock this shit!

thats like the 100th time ive seen deezy's balls. im not digging it.

anyhow. yeah, sheilds only look good on ugly mopeds. milk crates really set off the windshield.

i have a puch windshield if anybody wants it, because i sure as hell dont.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account