im scared for the future of our niche

umm way too much media attention on mopedst hese past few weeks. im scared. i dont like a hugh hype about mopeds because personally i like being able to say "yo bitch i have a moped, not a scooter so go blow yourself" and i like people giving me a hard time about it.... idk why i just do. am i the only one who feels this way?

Re: im scared for the future of our niche

some people feel one way, some people feel another way. personally, it doesnt really matter to me. i like going moderately fast on extremely small motorized bicycles. whether or not other people are aware of my hobby doesnt really affect me all that much.

no way! hype it up! more attention means more aftermarket, and possibly more NEW peds. i say HYPE IT!

motobrokane you have a point

another question.... how mad do you get when someone calls your moped a scooter? or when they call their scooter a moped? cause oh my god that pisses me off to no end!!

I have got into yelling fights over people calling my moped a scooter or there scooter a moped it pisses me off alot and people around here know that lol.

it doesnt really matter to me. on the spectrum of things that the average person should concern themselves with, the ability to distinguish between mopeds and scooters is shifted pretty far toward the unimportant. im more concerned with people not feeling that they can use their SUV as a battering ram just because my ride looks weird to them.

corey u dont count!!!!!!! me and u are 1 in the same there buddy... :] lol

Oh well damn I thought I had something going but humm well since nothing else is to be said (dances off stage while singing the blues brothers=P)

dude corey i just noticed our ip addresses are the same...... sumones gonna think we are the same person

I like the attention from girls. I cant tell you how many times a Navigator full of girls pulls up, rolls down the window and ask me about my beautiful ped. I love the ladies.

mr. beardsley /

I don't really get how people can get "pissed off" when someone calls their moped a scooter. I mean they haven't been around for decades, what do you expect?

It could be sick if we get a lot of attention because they might start producing again but we will have all the vintage 2 strokers. We will still be louder dirtier and cooler.

who cares? i'm just into mopeds for the money and fame anyway.

Yes mopeds will make you billionaires!!! And famous!!!

kanye west has one so there you go.

mr. beardsley /

but kanye west can't fix it.

fucking seconded brokane

who cares ? i mean so what if they call it a scooter so what if they call a scooter a moped.

i think the niche is pretty self destructive too- people entering the subculture and no nothing about it are looked down upon for buying into the new market first rather than delving into vintage restoration.

Damn that really weird. I think there is something up here. Are you liveing in my basment or something. You useing my computer to.... Humm there is something fishie going on here.... where is Scooby Doo and the gang when you need them =P

I just don't like it when people argue with me that my moped and their scooter are the same thing after I politely point out their differences. I don't expect people to automatically know but once I take the time to prove they are different and they still think I'm wrong I get kind of annoyed.

i point out the difference, but i dont get upset...

exposure would be nice for aftermarket parts, but i think new mopeds would be far off.

however i did see an electric powered moped, with pedals and all. it was kinda ugly.

wait wait wait... kanye has one? what's he have?

i like it. cuz really then we have that many more people to ride with.

biggest thing with scooter and moped confusion is lately the people on new scooters ride like they have a death wish. so if scooters and mopeds keep getting lumped together the laws will reflect this.

yeah irresponsible scooterists are bad for mopeds, 'specially in states where they're legally considered one and the same. look at what happened in Martha's Vineyard.

Quatto, it looks like everything past 2007 has been taken down but it was on his personal blog: http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/

from back in 2005 so he has been in it for a while but it wasnt that suprising to me because hes from the same town as peddy cash, hollywood H, kool kids, ect ect ect...

He is into some other cool things like bikes and owns a fixi.

I don't really mind it much, other than on Craigslist and in newspaper classifieds. I hate calling or clicking, only to find out its a knockoff brand scooter.

stop being a pussy and get an identity other than mopeds....toys man..fucking toys.

im into mopeds cause it gets me closer to seth

toe fur threadkiller /

i'm into mopeds so i can bitch on the internet more.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account