ATTN Suzuki FA50 Owners: SPEED TEST!

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR TOP SPEED!

I have just acquired a 1987 FA50 with 191 miles on it. I have done nothing but cleaned the spark plug and add new fuel. I don't trust the oil injector so I am currently running mix fuel but I did not cut off the original oil source.

I am hitting 24MPH consistently on a straight away. Is this normal? Do you think the mixture is too rich because the injector is actually working properly? Should I adjust or clean the carb?

Any ideas on how to increase speed are much appreciated!

Dan

Re: ATTN Suzuki FA50 Owners: SPEED TEST!

Nicolas Anbeek /

My fa50 is still at the motorcycle shop getting a new electrical system put on, but when I get it back I'll post top speed.

chuck russo va /

i am pretty sure it has a top speed of at least 30mph, wait till fred posts, he owns one

Back in 1984 I had a qt50 that would do about 27. I can vividly remember 2 of my friends with their FA50's that would do a little over 30 and they would always arrive at our destination ahead of me. Man did I want one of those bikes!

cant get mine over 26 flat out

mine went 150+ when i put a rocket engine on it !

Moped MIKE /

i could always beat my friend of the gun when he was riding my '80 express 2 when i rode my 84 fa-50 but after a quarter of a mile he would blow by me. till i got the carb tuned just right and i can bary the needle past the 40 mark any day on just going striaght. soooo u guys want to race some time????

MOPED MIKE, 40! What??

Moped Mike -

You say your FA50 does 40+??

Is that stock?

You say until you got your carb tuned just right....what does that mean, adjusted correctly, or some other type of mod

Dan

Dan,

I have a 1982 FA-50 in like new condition with low miles. IT will only do 25 to 27 with me on it 195lbs. But it seems like it is going faster than that? Also i loaned it to a girl to ride on my ride last month and she stayed right beside guys on newer mopeds that said they were doing 30???????????.

So i don`t know about the speedos on FA-50`S???

Ike

Mine recently has done 35 and 36 .. but it also had a 'mystery seizure' .. so now after doing 35 or 36 for a while I back off and let it cool.

It normally has done 32 mph since I got it running.

The 35 and 36 is not its normal top speed .. 32 is.

My speedo reads 2mph fast .. (as checked against a police radar 'trailer') .. at 25mph on the speedo - the radar said it was actiually doing 23.

The speedo needle also goes crazy after 35 or 36 .. it bounces around wildly .. so its really no good past 35.

If I was you I would put a cooler spark plug in the FA .. an NGK 5 or 6 .. (instead of the 4 - a very hot plug)

a friend of mine has a fa50 and he said it runs hot....he went to a cooler plug too. he also ran premix of 40:1 after it seized....so

be safe. cool plug, heavier premix ratio. now it runs fine

Moped MIKE /

my friend adjusted the carb on it just right, it is all stock. that day when i was riding to work no hills or nothing it was baring the needle

I just got a new piston and rings and mine went from 20mph to 31 mph. and thats all i need

24mph. Thats all i can get out of mine.

-Robin

31 is what mine does

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account