Did I sell out

I sold my mopeds to buy one of these...a 1966 honda ca110. It's still in the 50cc range and a 2 stroke, but I still feel like I kinda sold out by not having pedals anymore.

1222112500_c11067.jpg

Re: Did I sell out

That bike is not selling out. It's awesome!

Fish tits Krauthamer /

thats a good lookin motorcycle.

i would do it. and thats 4 stroke isn't it? Honda made tons of 4 stroke bikes with automatic clutches.

Well I don't think you should post on MA if you don't have a ped. LOL

thats just it, I love moped army, group rides are fucking awesome, but I don't really fit with peds. I'm 6ft 5 and weigh about 230. I love working on peds and riding them, but they just aren't for me.

who cares, its sick. I would rather have an old 50cc two stroke cycle though for legal purposes.

I hear ya sam. Just get another cheap non running ped,and fix it up.

Oh shit, I just remembered I still have my hidden maxi that I bought for my dad 2 years ago and never finished fixing. Nice

who the fuck cares, i would love one of those.

That's awesome-sauce! Who wouldn't want one of those? I'll bet you could still shoe-horn that into group rides. If you still want a ped though, look for a derbi, it's as big as a truck.

Leon Swarmer /

4 stroke, great bike. prolly a three speed autoclutch. looks a lot like an S90,

Its 3 or 4 speed manual clutch

hmm I saw one of those on my campus the other day.

Sweet. Congrats. I've got one of those too. You should post a pic. I'm finally getting mine going pretty well. Surprisingly, a lot of parts are still available to order through Honda dealerships. I bought a muffler baffle for it at my Honda dealership for less than $10. Heres mine.

1222151150_img_3984.jpg

id kill for one of those. i think its safe to say 99% of people who are into mopeds are also into old small-engine motorcycles. if you're not, i dont understand you.

nice work. i'd love to get an old S65 or S90. and yeah, thats definitely a 4-stroke. honda didnt start making any 2-stroke bikes till way after the CA110 came out. if it is a 2-stroke, it's probably a yamaha. haha

andy C...if i lived near you id tooootally buy that bike. i want that thing SO BAD.

Yep. 4 stroke.

Was that the one for sale up in Maine? I almost bought that when she dropped her price to 850.00.

850.00!!!

Dude. That's bad ass.

Yeah, you probably saw where I had posted it in the buy/sell a month or so ago, huh? I thought about selling it, but I think I'll hang onto it for a while. It's pretty fun. I like how much more stable it feels than my maxi. I feel like I can take a hand off the bars to signal without worrying about eating shit, but the added weight is a trade off. Its also taken a little effort to learn how to signal and clutch when stopping or starting. I really like the look of those Suzuki X6 bikes. They're 250cc but it's a 2 stroke. There's a pretty cool vid at jaylenosgarage.com about them.

dude, thats a SICK bike. i love old small displacement bikes. theres just something about them, much like mopeds.

You're definitely not a sell-out. I just picked up a 1964 Sears Allstate Sabre. The engine's from a '64 Compact (60cc 3-speed hand shift) and the pipe's from a random Tomos. On the other hand, she was cheap and handles the hills much better than my Magnum. Perfect for distance rides or hauling rally gear.

Cheers,

Alex

1222189752_sabre_01.jpeg

You're definitely not a sell-out. I just picked up a 1964 Sears Allstate Sabre. The engine's from a '64 Compact (60cc 3-speed hand shift) and the pipe's from a random Tomos. On the other hand, she was cheap and handles the hills much better than my Magnum. Perfect for distance rides or hauling rally gear.

Cheers,

Alex

1222189767_sabre_01.jpeg

I am picking mine up in NH for 1050 but I am in luck cuz a good friend of my family loves old bikes from the 60's and he wants to work on it for fun so he is going to fix her all up for a fraction of the price of any other garage, plus he says he has a million parts for these old bikes and can give them to me wholesale.

definitely

not sold out.

If you have to ask, you'll never know

I guess I just still wanna be able to ride with people. I am gonna ask mission 23 if I can, and if not them the orphans

Thats cool man. It actually reminds me of my old bike. Before I got into the peds I was rocking a 1967 suzuki AS100. 100cc, two stroke with mikuni carb, and 4 speed manual gearbox. That thing was fun, so im sure youll have a blast on this one.

The Ca110 was a 4-stroke. Nice bike, though!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account