HEAD GASKETS

can anyone tell me where i can get a thin head gasket for my Batavus Bingo, or head gasket material?

Re: HEAD GASKETS

MOPEDWAREHOUSE.COM

Re: HEAD GASKETS

You can buy gasket material for about 3 bucks a roll at most auto stores. I just bought some the other day at Murray's discount auto for 2.99..

Don't use all purpose gasket mat'l.

Yes, you can buy all purpose gasket material.

But I wouldn't use it for a head gasket unless you have no other choice.

All 2 stroke engines (that I have seen) use metal head gaskets because of the flame, heat, and high pressure at that joint.

You can reuse the original copper and aluminum gaskets virtually forever... you don't need to replace them unless you stepped on it and bent it badly or something.

If you want a thinner one for more compression for more performance... then you will have to buy it from a moped shop.

Re: Don't use all purpose gasket mat'l.

Reeperette /

You could also purchase aluminum shim material from a hobby shop, and cut that to shape, it also allows one to experiment with various thicknesses of it.

The original gaskets are usually made from aluminum, or at least some alloy of it, and the aluminum lasts as long or longer than the original stuff does.

Brass shim material doesn't work too well, I've tried..

-Ree

is there any certain kind of alminum i should use, or will any sheet metal/aluminum work?

Reeperette /

Straight-up Aluminum works fine, and you can find it in varying thicknesses at many common hobby shops.

-Ree

can i use alunimin foil???

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account