ATTN: San Jose riders

Does anyone have any advice about riding from the west side to the east side of the 87? What's a better/more moped friendly road: Curtner to Tully, or Capitol Expwy?

Re: ATTN: San Jose riders

Curtner for sure. Done it a million times.

-sigh-.....I miss San Jose. Land of flat roads, no rain, and fast green peugeots.

no groms no blasters /

branham.

um... minnesota/alma! Hillsdale! chynoweth to hyde park!

the streets you named suckkkkkkk.

Where are you coming from, and where are you going to?

I'm coming from Cherry and Curtner, going to the Stonegate Skatepark which is pretty much at Tully and Sherlock right before McLaughlin. Driving in a car, I usually take Hillsdale to Capitol and make a left @ Tuers, which wraps around Stone Gate Elementary and gets me right where I'm going. But on a moped, all of the expressways are intimidating as fuck.

no groms no blasters /

oh snap! stonegate is nice! If you just moved to San Jose, maybe you didn't hear that the new skateparks are part of an ambitious plan to build a skatepark in each of the ten city council districts.

Sucks that it looks like you're just stuck blasting down Curtner. Remember that you're allowed to be in the bike lane so long as you give real bicycles the right of way.

Take a ride up Communications Hill. The views of the Santa Cruz Mountains (Sierra Azul) are pretty nice from the promontories over on the south side of it.

definitely not capital. curtner isn't bad once you're past 87 and monterey. communications hill is cool too but you have to go up the back side. no entrance by the cemetary!! we ride on sundays. shoot me an e-mail with your number maybe we'll ride out to the park with you or something!! there's also great rides in the foothills!!

no groms no blasters /

Hey Rob! Was it you my dad saw from his car on Highway 9?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

its all about the lake cunningham skatepark. so sick!

Not my first time living in San Jose; just sick of paying ridiculous rent in SF so I moved back down here with Grandma in Willow Glen... I was born here and lived over by Stonegate as a little kid and then in Almaden Valley later on. Thanks for the discussion everyone, lets ride, lets skate.

I haven't been to lake cunningham yet, its so fucking far east and it costs money and it requires full pads... If I could get away with just a helmet there I'd be down.

The new Roosevelt park in downtown looks fun, I don't know when it opens but I've heard some fools been skating it already. I wanna check it out really bad.

That's tight that they want to put skateparks in all of the districts.. do you know of any articles online that discuss it? We really need one here in central.. How about in that park off Curtner and Cottle?? Something on Camden? all that industrial area off of 87? Something please for the love of god, though I love stonegate's bowl we need something that isn't on the east side or in Sunnyvale.. And what's up with the east side having two parks and the west having nothing except that shitty park in campbell that is more like a daycare?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account