Wrecked my ped

david f martin /

Yeah... Last night, going to the store for some dog food... Made a left, hit some loose gravel. Cut my chin pretty bad, scraped my knee, coupla skint knuckles... Scratched up the windshield pretty bad, but it was already patched up where it had gotten broken. I guess I need to come up with another one. Anyway...

Went to the bike shop yesterday after work. My rear brake cable is still back ordered. Got some new shoes for the brakes, installed the front shoes this morning. Ordered new jets for my carb, hoping to get it back to normal so I can put my aircleaner element back in.

I've been dressing up the bike for the last couple of weeks (it is still new to me!). I hope to post a pic in the next day or two. I call it my Davids-Hardleysome piglet (not hawg).

I stopped by the biker bar on my home from work yesterday. The weather was great, so there were a lot of bikes there. I thought it was kinda funny, my little bike there, all dressed up, parked right in the middle of all those Harleys. It did get some attention!

Gurus, what is normal compression for a ped?

david

Re: Wrecked my ped

WoW! Hate to hear a bike going down, hope you heal up OK...what kind of bike you got? Its bound to be a cable that will match up.... Get well! Doug D

david f martin /

Red '84 Yamahopper (QT50). It came with a red removable trunk, saddlebags and windshield. I added a rolled up army poncho behind the seat and an army first aid bag above the headlight and some jewelry... Looks pretty tough for a little bike...

david

Ataristyle /

Sounds like a bike I'd like to see. You should post up a pic here so everyone could see it. Hope you also get better too...I almost lost my bike when making a right hand turn and hitting a few bumps...luckily the back tire just hopped a little and I controlled it.

Swarm and Destroy!

gimmiejimmie /

jewelry?

gimmiejimmie /

let me ask again, jewelry?

david f martin /

I have a couple of charm bracelets on the frame between the handlebars and forks, a heavy ball chain with yin/yang hanging under the brake light, and a couple of windcatchers hanging from the front reflectors...

I hope to have a couple of pics to post by next evening.

david

Jewelry?

The Moped Gawd /

....OK........ but if you start puttin clothes on it I'm callin a Doctor.

Re: Jewelry?

david f martin /

Screw you, dude. Don't you wear a necklace and a couple of earrings yourself?

I love my bike, and it looks like me (that's what my boss said, too). Black leather and buckles, some army gear, some jewelry, overall red and black.

Yer bike looks like the one in the Sears catalog, huh?

david

The Moped Gawd /

Hey... You need some chain lube on yer sense of humor.

Yep... my bike looks just like it did when it rolled out of the showroom, nothing has ever been added.

go here to see it >>

http://ratbike.org/docs/58.html

(hope that works)

gimmiejimmie /

now THAT"S some jewelry!... I bet that Trumpet runs perfectly too, I used to have a 650 Tiger also, it was a great ride.

gimmiejimmie

david f martin /

Geez, I thought I was about done with my bike... I guess I need to add some more stuff.

That's NOT a ped, is it???

david

The Moped Gawd /

No.. It was a joke.. That's not me or my bike (nor a ped).. I just tried to find a pic of a bike with as much stuff on as I could.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account