Honda NC50 express 1978

Hello fellow moped owners. i recently purchased this nc50 and i need a new exhaust for it... Ive tried to buy one off a website but the item is discontinued. Any ideas?. Also.. would cutting the expansion chamber in half and then baking and banging out the carbon build make it run like new? Thanks in advance.

Re: Honda NC50 express 1978

No need to cut it open. just bonfire the thing. I hve some ready to go. Email me if you need one.

Yeah what salty said; or get a performance exhaust and make it fit (or I can make one for you, but I'm super busy so I'd rather you did it yourself).

No need to cut, just put it in the fire whole.

so i bake it till its red hot and bang the carbon out while its red hot with a hammer? or do i let it cool down first? and if this is done properly i will have a like new exhaust? i can buy one for 100$ brand new on ebay, is it worth it?

from what I've heaard, you should make a pile of charcoal on the ground and lay it in there for 45 min to an hour, then flip it over and let it stay for another 45 min - 1 hour. don't know about letting it cool, but I would wait until you can pick it up with gloves on if i were you.

buy a new one if you screw it up, but why waste money?

good point skinny, gonna do that and i got welding gloves a can use to hold that exhaust while i bash the shit outta it

It will burn out, no need to beat the shit out of it. If you hit it while its hot it will dent for sure.

thanks for the heads up

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account