Direct fuel injection in an A55

I hope this isn't "out of scope" on mopedarmy, but has anyone tried direct injection on any of their 2 stroke bikes?

I have a used 2 stroke coming in that I'll experiment on and replace the carb, drill the head, and try fuel jets. I know my mix will be off, but I am sure I could figure something out once I have more room without the carb..

For the jets, I'll probably use a form of diaphragm (all I can think of) with a spring hit every engine stroke (experimenting on the best time).

Re: Direct fuel injection in an A55

Steve Williams /

me and some friends had direct injection on a maxi back in the late 70's.the maxi we had didn't have a carb and we couldn't afford one so lengthened the fuel line and had it feed directly into the manifold.it was fiddly to get the right amount of fuel flowing and we had no throttle control but when you're 14 it didn't seem to matter.

Direct fuel injection in an A55

the problem with injection is that you don't have a fuel pump to maintain fuel pressure and also what are you going to use to meter the fuel?

if you want direct injection so bad look at an aprillia, they have awesome ditech engines

Your note says that you are going to drill the head. If this is where you are going to put the injector, it will not work. The basic reason is that a two-stroke needs the fuel in the crankcase to lubricate the bearings.

if you had a tomos with oil injection you could drill the head and put an injector in it, or keep the carb and put a tiny tiny jet in it and feed the carb pure two stroke oil

its also only direct injection if its in the head and this would be the only way you would see any benefits. you direct inject two strokes so you can inject the fuel after the exhaust port has closed and therefore can prevent fuel escaping out the exhaust. as crackstar said see the aprilia ditech and also the evinrude boat engines and also the envirofit program where they are retrofiting two strokes with direct injection in india to reduce emissions

it would be a lot of work but very good

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account