I need help assessing the value of my 1983 Puch

ok, so Here is my 1983 Puch Mini Maxi, equivilant to the Puch Dart. I may be looking to sell it in the spring because i want to find a decent Magnum, but i want to get a fair price for it.

The Good:

2spd trans.

freshly cleaned Bing Carb with new float bowl gasket, doesn't leak

Top speed of about 27-28 mph

Starts first time, every time.

New Centerstand and Pedal chain tensioner

Just installed an aftermarket in-line fuel filter.

No rust that i can see

The Bad:

killswitch and headlight switch covers missing, switches still intact.

no rear view mirrors, but i'm looking to get one.

one small crack in seat cover

0.5 gal plastic gas tank mounted under seat - cracked threads

acts like its out of gas when the tank is still 1/3 full, but i'm working on getting that fixed.

tail light and break light don't work.. tried replacing bulbs, checking the wiring today.

So that's pretty much it. it's a strong ped that has started and ran for me every time since i bought it. How much do you guys think it's worth?

1220897726_puch_maxi.jpg

Re: I need help assessing the value of my 1983 Puc

If it has a clean title, you can try to get $450-$550 for it, but probably not on this site. Without a clean title, probably about $350-$450. It seems like Ebay is your best bet to get the most cash for mopeds right now. Hell, with the way things are going on Ebay right now, you might get $600+...

I suggest this to anyone who's looking to know the value of their bike - the easiest way is to see what people actually want for it, and eBay is a good litmus test for this. Put up the bike for auction with a very high reserve for a few days and see how much it comes to. That will give you a better sense of the value of the bike, and if it sells for the high reserve, even better. If it doesn't, you'll know what to sell it at privately. It'll cost you a few bucks to list, but it's definitely a good indicator.

Or you can search for what past examples of the same model sold in the buy/sell, and ebays completed listings.

I agree completed listings but you will never get local what you can get on the bay.

WHAT!

are you sure thats not a frigin' Suzuki

I have seen A LOT of Puchs, I never knew they made a bike COMPLETELY influenced by unstylish Japanese mopeds

Ever seen the Dart? they did some crazy shit in the 80's bro...

positive it's a Puch. it's got all the emblems. The Puch mini maxi is the same as the puch dart, which is more common. I know its not a looker, but she runs like a champ

i have seen the dart.. actually my mini maxi is pretty much the only one i've ever seen.. i've only been able to find darts... which makes it a bitch to find parts for, because parts made for maxis don't fit.. it has a lot of parts interchangable with the magnums.

ok, so yesterday I tore it all apart, ripped out all the old wiring to the tail light and replaced it, now the tail light works fine. next is to fix the gas tank/petcock and replace the switch covers, and it'll be pretty much 100%... what do you think it'll be worth then?

Just an FYI, that's not a 2 speed trans. It's an E50 with a different clutch cover. I snooped around on one at a junkyard once.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account