custom fairing for tomos sprint?

Hey I have an '02 sprint and I'm wondering if theres a way to cover up that empty space between the seat and the gas tank...I basically would like to demand more respect and get people to stop calling my beatiful ped a scooter...

Re: custom fairing for tomos sprint?

Get a tomos lx you will have more people ask what type of motorcycle it is.

OK yeah thats basically the look I'm going for, but I don't wish to get a new ped, when mine is rocking so awesomely.

You could make something like the streetmate's big plastic storage tank.

or you could get a support bar and instal it between the seat post and the triple tree and mount a gas tank to that. double the gas capacity. and it looks titas.

hmm...any other suggestions? for those of you who are just tuning in, the goal is to get my '02 sprint to look like the targa lx by eliminating excess space in front of the seat.

I don't get it. Stepthroughs rule. It looks better just the way it is than anything you can do to change it.

tru dat!

hahhaa I agree it does rock, and I'm happy with it no matter what, I just want ignorant peoples to stop calling it a scooter...its not a scooter...its the freakin sweetness on two wheels! On a side note I didn't have the cash to get a new lense and housing for my cracked CEV headlight so I mounted a 6 dollar sylvania 12v/25w car headlight to my ped and now this thing is so freakin bright...

buy the parts to mount an lx gas tank on it. the frame is the same, it just has a mounting spot on it for the tank on the lx.

hmm...thats a very interesting suggestion, do you know what these parts are specifically?

I dont know specifically. But, im almost certain that ive seen someone do this before. do some searches around the forum. hopefully someone that knows the specifics of doing this conversion will chime in here, too.

Tank 229454

petcock (fuel feed tap) 229455

gas tank cap 223840 or 22785

filter 236608

You'll have to have a couple of mounting brackets welded to your frame, but it will be obvious how to make them when you have the tank to look at.

Call your Tomos dealer. All those things should be in stock at Tomos USA.

Oh, to complete the job, you may also want the plastic side panels that fill in between the tank and the airbox area.

229614 Side cover RH

229616 Side cover LH

222825 bottom bracket between panels (easy to make, too)

(Specify the color, or get one unpainted and paint it yourself)

hmm...seems MD law require step through chassis to be classified as a moped...I guess thats the end of that, thanks anyways people, and hopefully this will be useful to those who live in a not-so-stupid state.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account