Spokesman!

a couple of thigs here. i am now down in boulder, at least for the time being. are you guys riding this friday. i may come down for the evening.

another thing. i hear there is a rally in denver in the works for next year. if you guys need any help getting this off the ground, i'm here. i think that we should do a brewery tour. i guess we could do corrs. but i'm all about the micros. boulder beer, left hand, oskar blues, new belgium. theres a lot that we could take a whole day with. even end up at oskar blues which also happens to be a biker bar, and they have a pinball palace next door. what other ideas do we have

Re: Spokesman!

Why don't you leave _our_ rally planning to the members of _our_ gang. Who is this "we" of whom you speak? Most, if not all, of us have never even met you. And brewery tour? I'm pretty sure every brewery you listed is NOT in Denver.

Yeah, we're going to be riding this friday.

On our bus.

To Sioux Falls.

damn! why the hostility. hey man i was just trying to be friendly with you guys. i was just tossing a few ideas out there. colorado isn't just about denver. who wants to ride only in the city, why not go for a ride out in the country. i would have met you guys long ago, but my job didn't allow me to come down. now i have some free time, so i wanted to meet all of you guys.

oh, and sorry about being a dick. I'm in a mood.

Well, at least he apologized.

wanna ride this week? what days do you have off? i have to show you the new kit and all

That came out wrong, That post was supposed to be posted before you replied. I am sorry.

I'm just crazy depressed, and sometimes I get paranoid and insecure about stuff. I appreciate your interest in our gang, and am looking forward to (eventually) meeting you:)

That was funny.

Yea, I dont think ill have a day of this week. DId you get the video I sent of the Sachs running. Completely rebuilt her, and she started on the first turn of the drill. Runs purrrfect. Now shes getting stripped down AGAIN, and painted.

But maybee ill be free on sunday.

hey nickerbocker, we would be more than happy to have you down on a friday, but like or founder willie said we'll be put of town... im hoping to organize some rides to or in boulder in the future< ive rode around the hill once and its a cool town. shoot me and email and ill get you nomber and stuff... hope to see you soon....

ya that thing looks dope! what color are you painting it? let me know about sunday. i'll be cruising all around boulder county tomorrow. flat land again! it's tough riding in the hills.

out and... number damn this standardized keyboard... so misleading

thanks willie!

I dono what color, im giving it to the Vocational School for the students to paint. I can tell them a little bit what I want, but its kinda up to them. It is free though!

Also, they wont just paint is a flat color, they are gona do a "Custom" paint job with designs and stuff. Maybee some flames... or skulls!!!!!! Something like that. Hopefully it will look good. Im kinda worried.

that's pretty f-ing cool though. a free paint job. have you named your bike yet. by the way white lightning is now the white widow. i took the engine off the pinto to rebuild and found a giant ass black widow in the cylinder. now it's on the maxi. and the bitch screams! 47 on the flats, i finally opened it up yesterday.

Yeah, man. Seriously, I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that shit. I'm happy that you're an awesome member of the Colorado moped community!

I should try and do things that brings us all closer instead of making divisive, petty statements.

no worries. we'll just have to discuss it over some fine blue ribbon beers.

i was just thinking. i don't really have a job as of yesterday and no where to go. how much is it costing each of you guys for the weekend

It really shouldn't be that much for gas...

1500mi/8mi/gallon(approx.)=187.5 gallons of gas X $4/gallon=$750 for gas/ 12 or 13 people going=$57 or $62 per person

1500mi/6mi/gallon=250 gallons X $4/gallon=$1000 for gas/ 12 or 13 people going =$84 or $77

Plus some monies for food and/or drink, depending on how much you food and/or drink.

You should come for SURE!

I gotta stop posting drunk.

dang! that number went down a bunch...

I didn't realize 12 or 13 people were going. are we picking someones up on the way?

Josh, you should definitely come along to SD. It'd be great to finally meet a member of fump instead of just talking trash over the internets (hopefully you guy know that the shit I talk is just that, I mean how could I make judgments on any of or your bikes with out ever meeting you).

Come along and see the spokesman way, you might just want to defect.

Steven, I want in on this free painting project, I've got a couple frames that I planned on getting powder coated soon. Did anything ever come of the chroming deal you had worked out? I still have a set of 5 stars I want to chrome and I think Ryan (stoops) has a complete maxi he want to chrome; let us know.

Rick I'l call tonight.

Willie, cheer the fuck up; and get a damn phone man I've been trying to call you like a month now.

it would be nice to get more members and have a big group! im really really really new but ive had a bast any time ive hung out it really is a great gang!

wow! that gas number shure changed. are you shure there that many people coming? I hope it turns out to be that's a lot less then I was planning on.

Willie, Stop with the numbers. It is $150, Willie have no idea what you are talking about. If you don't have it talk to me and we'll work something out. I have lost hundreds on every rally because we underestimate. Seriously.

I am not losing anymore money on these things.

Yeah, um, I'm really sorry, I was REALLLLLLLLy drunk last night, and I started mouthin' off on the forums about all kinds of stupid shit. Interwebs equivalent of getting into a bar fight.

Yeah... I'm putting it at 150 for this trip... It looks like we have 7 or eight or something going... Plus it'd be nice to put something back into the pot for once.

Fumpman, I'm in Boulder, I work at Sportique. You should stop buy some night or something. I haven't built a bike that works well in Boulder yet, but I've got a 103 awaiting a carb, that should be my hills bike...

If the owner's here, he doesn't like people coming to talk to me about mopeds on company time, but you can ask for me, and if I can't talk, I can meet up after work.

There were plans for me to move back to Denver, but it looks like I'm staying up here... I'd like to cultivate a Boulder gang, either buy growing the Ten Ton Tigers, who already exist, or by starting a new one..

I dono, I'm kinda in one of my down arcs on mopeds right now, I'll be more upbeat after this rally, or in the spring...

i stopped by sportique about a year ago to see if they could order some tires for my maxi. they pretty much just laughed at me. i havn't stepped foot back in that place since. today was the first day that i got to cruise boulder in a while. my polini works pretty damn good as long as i'm not starting from a dead stop. maybe try losing a tooth and the sprocket. but damn i love the speed.

I decided to go with the Paint school, so I diddnt persue the Chrome deal. The shop is still going though. The deal was, when they use a new chrome, like a different color(they have crazy colors too), they test it first on somehting, and they usually do small things, but they said I could be the test, and Pay a little. I think that they are likley really cheep anyways as they are in a small town, and just starting up. Ive been meaning to stop by the shop for a long time now. I will try to get on it. I will let you know. Ill bring a snowflake and ask how much to chrome it.

"If the owner&#8217;s here, he doesn&#8217;t like people coming to talk to me about mopeds on company time,"

LOL,

At my store if I hear the word "moped", I drop everything and go talk to them.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account