Re: Troubleshooting and Tune-Up

Ron Brown /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Fred,

I am sure you are right about the complication, I have noticed that some readers quit after the first sentence!

I guess the point timing problem got by me, I am so used to movable point plates. I thought my Motobecane was wierd because you have to remove and rotate the cam, but I guess not.

I mentioned the gap mostly because when left in the weather, the cam gets rusty and grinds off the follower, leaving the points closed. However, I think you are right, let them post and ask a specific question.

I am surprised at your sunken float response, I have changed about 6 in the last 12 months. Although none in a moped, I only worked on 2 and they had been stored well.

You are probably right about the wire bristles, I am most likely thinking about idle jets. I just cringe at a vision of someone reaming away at jets and other passages with a hard steel wire.

Cheers,

Ron

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Cant start moped =(Topic by: Joey Joey 01/24/01 05:44PM
  Troubleshooting and Tune-UpRe: Fred Fred 01/24/01 09:58PM
  Re: Troubleshooting and Tune-UpRe: Joey Joey 01/24/01 11:17PM
  Re: Troubleshooting and Tune-UpRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 01/25/01 12:56AM
  Re: Troubleshooting and Tune-UpRe: Fred Fred 01/25/01 10:24PM
  Re: Troubleshooting and Tune-UpRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 01/26/01 10:52AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account