Kids in the West

So I know no body really knows me besides the Denver people, who have only met me once, but I am going to be heading out west in the beginning of September. I will have to drive my car there and I was thinking of bringing my moped, if I can fit it in. I have to go to California in the Lancaster area. My work is giving me a couple of days to get there so I was going to try and stop in a few places. Definitely in Denver for at least one night. So I wanted to try and meet some people. I will be in Lancaster for about 3 months and I will fly back every few weekend, so my KC peeps dont miss me too much.

So yeah, are there any cool places to stop?

Also who lives in Lancaster or around there, cause on the weekends I stay there I wanna go to the beach since I have never been to the West Coast before.

Yeah, cool job right? PS: I design powerplants, but I still love 2 cycles.

Re: Kids in the West

Chris Hernandez /

My friends and I are in the Lancaster area every now and then, but usually on the weekends. My friend has a ranch in the area and it is outside of town. I saw a top tank Jawa once at a lawnmower store there also.

Organ Robbin' /

I am planning on going to see Jay Lenos collection of cars if I can. That would be awsome. Maybe even go to a show.

Organ Robbin' /

So no body wants to hang out with me?

Gimme a Robin and I'll buy you a Slurpee.

Organ Robbin' /

at least slurpees dont break down right?

WHEN YOU COME THREW DENVER LET US KNOW AND WE CAN GO HAVE A DRINK

Organ Robbin' /

I'll be sure to meet you guys at the Souix Falls Rally. I have about 4 days and I plan on stopping in Denver and maybe going out of my way to Alberquerkie. I think it will be fun but I have decided that I am probably not going to take my ped :(

See you in 2 weeks

Pablo Puchasso /

Come to LA and we'll ride. Never been to Lancaster but plenty of mopeds and rides over this way.

Organ Robbin' /

Yeah the problem is that I will be out in the middle of nowhere for the most part. So I will probably have to drive my car. I think leaving my ped in KC or STL will work out better b/c I will fly in and be able to use my ped for the upcoming rallies. Otherwise I am going to have to ship it back in order to make the STL rally. Maybe I could meet up with everyone but I wouldnt have a ped to ride.

i know this is wayyy off topic, but i ogtta tell you orange robin. i was at a motorcycle shop the other day, and i saw a moto guzzi poster. i lift it up, to see what poster was behind it and it was a big moto guzzi robin poster! i wanted to buy it, but it was like 30 bucks. :(

Was it a Guzzi-Aprilia-Piaggio shop? Where?

You can stop in Reno to see "Elvis's gun collection" at the Alamo truck stop (I think, might be Sierra Sids). I believe they also have an all you can eat steak buffet if that's your kinda thing.

Lancaster is close to Death Valley. In Sept and Oct you better have air conditioned shorts on.

Lancaster to the beach is about 60-70 miles and it is all uphill coming back.

Pablo Puchasso /

If you come to LA, maybe we can work out a loaner type situation for a ride sometime.

Organ Robbin' /

30 bucks for a poster. Not a chance in hell I would pay that much.

Yeah I know its gonna be hot. But the money will be good so I can deal with it.

It would be awsome if I could loan a ped and some people could show me around LA. Never been there before.

Organ Robbin' /

So where in Denver should I stay? Do you guys/gals live in the city or in the burbs somewhere. I thought I heard Derek sleeps with Billy Goats in the Hills some place far far away from everyone else :)

I'll end up going to the Rally meeting you guys and then on Tuesday the 9th I will be in Denver. So where should I stay at? I would prefer some hotel in the city b/c I will want to go walk around or whatever. Maybe some of you denver kids can show me part of the city, go to dinner, go to a bar or 3....

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account