Re: timing

Michael /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well I'm really not familier with Tomos mopeds at all.. but i know that with my peugeot, the timing is set when you put the flywheel on (my flywheel actually flew off one of the first times i attempted to start it). Its only a thing you have to do if you have the flywheel off for some reason. The little bump that knocks the points open is on the shaft of the flywheel. the flywheel is press fitted on (you can remove it with a pitman arm puller if you really really want to). But of course, with points you can mess with the point gap to change the timing a bit. Try experimenting with smaller and larger gauge gaps. you should be able to adjust the points without taking the flywheel off. first see where the points are with a feeler gauge, then mess with it little by little. making the gap bigger will make it spark earlier while making the gap smaller will make it spark later. Have fun, but do be careful because you CAN damage your engine if the timing is too far advanced.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  timingTopic by: mike mike 01/21/01 01:40PM
  Re: timingRe: Fred Fred 01/21/01 07:58PM
  Re: timingRe: mike mike 01/21/01 09:39PM
  Re: timingRe: Fred Fred 01/21/01 11:42PM
  Re: timingRe: Michael Michael 01/22/01 03:06AM
  Hey it's danRe: Daniel Tisone Daniel Tisone 01/24/01 09:28PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account