where in the paper should i post my wanted ad?

chuck russo va /

i would like to know where in the paper should i post my wanted mopeds ad?

Re: where in the paper should i post my wanted ad?

motorcycle section

I disagree. If you post it in the motorcycle section it will only be looked at by people who are interested in buying or selling a motorcycle.

You want it to be seen by the "average person" - somebody who's got an old moped lying around in their basement or garage and hasn't thought about it for years... and then happens upon your ad and thinks, "I should get rid of that old thing."

If you put it in general "Articles Wanted" then it will be seen by the most people.

Any other thoughts?

very smart thinking nick, i agree..................paul

Nick,

That's the exact idea... that's what I did and got 3 calls in two days... one guy had a 78 JC Penney Pinto under his house and the other had two Columbias...that I took for 150, both in great condition.

rock it.

gordy

I did the same thing here in my hometown of about 100,000 (pop). Got lots of calls over a period of two weeks - most were crap (not really mopeds, or really bad shape) and some other people wanted way too much money, but I did acquire a 1979 Suzuki fa50 for $200 (canadian) and a Motobecane Cady for $150. Also had a guy who was going to sell me a 1980 Sachs for $150 but he changed his mind at the last minute and decided to give it to his grandson! DARN!

Now I'm thinking about running an ad in the Toronto Star (i'm an hour west of Toronto). For one week it's over $75 (cdn) so it's expensive but I bet it would be seen by a LOT of people - and if I get one or two deals, it's worth it. It would just suck to drive an hour to find out something is a piece of crap... but we'll see what happens.

Anybody in Toronto ever try this? I'm sure there's lots of them lying around neglected...?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account