first semi long ride

Hey guys and gals... I am just getting in.. I'm exhuasted had a long day at work when i got home I decided to take my moped out for a ride.. instead of the local area around the University and my nieghbor hood I decided to drive across town and just take iton a long stretch.. welp

I went 30 miles out and stoppped at walmart did some shopping tied it down to the back and came home.. Man it was nice.. I had alot of mouths drops.. smiles a few laughs I even passed a cop who rubber necked so hard he almost ran intot he back of a liclon town car.... I really liked going on a long trip on my moped.. I had before but mostly around the lakes in teh evening with no traffic at all when it was cooler outside and down dirt roads..

today hot as heck fire cars everywhere at rush hour... it was neat... Long live the Moped

first semi long ride

good for you duck!!!!!!!! the longer, and safer the rider, the better..................paul

Re: first semi long ride

Wow! Sounds like fun...

I've only had my moped running for about a month now and the farthest I taken it is around campus (Slippery Rock University) and around town some places... the college where I go to school is mosty jocks studying to be gym teachers... and you could probably imagine the stares and laughs that I get everyday... my car just recently broke down, I think the wheel is about to fall off, so my moped is actually my last resort for transportation...

I need to get a new helmet before I can go on long rides... do usually sell smaller helmets at motorcycle shops?

Gordy

Awesome, always glad to hear.

long rides rule.

ItsLookingUp /

duck, ya gatta get out!!! Just got back from a 8 mile errand. I need to get the take-off back. When I ride with the pack it's all scooters except one other moped!!! I like the moped way of handling speed bumps and uneven pavement at forty mph. It's like jumping one of the thoroughbreds down here!!

I think we should change our name from the "Lexington Transportation Platoon" to the "Thoroughbred Transportation Platoon!!!!" Scooters don't jump like a ped. As a matter of opinion, when I ride scooters I don't want those ackward heavy snails off the ground. Nothing against scooters... their scooters. And pot holes, bye bye scooter! Just not enough wheel to ride'em "nicely." You need to come up and run Ike's route with me.

david f martin /

Duck, are you riding a scooter or a 'ped?

My scoot does pretty well in city traffic. I just dodge the potholes.

david

hey, i agree, long rides are fun.

ive had honkers(in a good way) people wave, people throw up the horns, i like it. it not the norm to see a moped riding down the road next to cars. o, im trying to get together a moped rally in my town. wish me luck.

-corey

ItsLookingUp /

david, duck has an awesome top tank 2 speed manual Casal. I'm not picking on scooters. I have owed scooters and I will again. I was just commenting on the weight and wheel characteristics of a scooter. You have a lot more riding experiance than most. Scooters shouldn't jump, mopeds can. I don't want to start a fight but I can't stop saying these stupid things :-)

ItsLookingUp /

Good luck, corey it is fun to ride with others! Where are you?

hey, i ride in mount laurel, nj. One more question. do they make sidecars for mopeds? if so, were can i find one?

thanks for the compliment lenny... apreciate it.

danm working all the time sucks..hehe...

I think not this week but next week I have a few days off in a row...

i'llhave to check the calender and find out exactly when... I would like to meet up and ride some.. My casal needs those darn fork boots badly. Ike seems to think a tomos bot might work.. I really hope so..

all that jumping the pot holes like you were talking about did casue the 25 year old rubber to rip.lol.... its not big deal though..

Hey corey.. I havn'et seen any but me and my girlfriend talk about it all the dang time. she likes to ride with me and we have a smaller sized meduim build breed dog that is halerious.. the dolg loves to ride.. on anything! We have taking it on the boat in the cars trucks on the tractor

and even on the innertub while being pulled by the boat at 25 mph..... the dogs a dork.. we love her to death.. we want a sidecar for her.. lol.. that would be so funny.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account