couple more FA50 questions

Nicolas Anbeek /

Well, I brought my Suzuki fa50 to the local motorcycle service shop to have the ignition replaced. I find them a bit condescending towards mopeds, but I have to live with it. Anyway, they are ordering a new ignition and then I will have lights and horn etc. working and a new key.

I was wondering, with this will I start it with the key? Or will I still need to kick start it?

I also have a question about the brakes - they are terrible. They squeal a lot and need a lot of distance to stop. How can I adjust them?

Thanks in advance to all you "moped intelligent" types (not me!)

Nick

Re: couple more FA50 questions

i wouldnt know, my fa50 you need to kickstart

Nick,

Yes, you will still have to kick start your FA-50. They don`t have electric start.

Your brakes are easy to adjust. There is a nut on the end of the rear brake cable. Turn the nut to the riight afew turns and squeeze the brake lever to see how slack you have removed.

Juist keep turning the nut until it feels right. When the bike is on the stand you should be able to turn the rear wheel with little or no drag on it. If you turn the nur too far, the rear wheel will be hard to turn, which means your brakes are dragging. You don`t want that.

The front brake works the same way. Just turn the nut until the slack is gone. There is nothing to it! Just don`t over do it!!

All this is assuming that your brake shoes aren`t worn out. If so, you will need to replace yor brake shoes!!

Hope this helps!

Ike

Nick,

Yes, you will still have to kick start your FA-50. They don`t have electric start.

Your brakes are easy to adjust. There is a nut on the end of the rear brake cable. Turn the nut to the right a few turns and squeeze the brake lever to see how much slack you have removed.

Just keep turning the nut until it feels right. When the bike is on the stand you should be able to turn the rear wheel with little or no drag on it. If you turn the nut too far, the rear wheel will be hard to turn, which means your brakes are dragging. You don`t want that.

The front brake works the same way. Just turn the nut until the slack is gone. There is nothing to it! Just don`t over do it!!

All this is assuming that your brake shoes aren`t worn out. If so, you will need to replace yor brake shoes!!

Hope this helps!

Ike

Thanks guys!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account