QT-50 Manual Complete (almost)

Hello, everyone who is interested in this development.

I have ALL the manual scanned, cropped and labeled by page number. like 43 pages plus cover.

My concern is that some of the files are a LOT larger than their counterparts... maybe the scanner called it a color photo, and not a color document.

So problem 1 (I'm on a mac, and I CAN figure this out, but someone who has already done it can help get those files to the right size and into a PDF.)

Problem 2: Can't seem to get a URL to put these on--- the free web pages make you jump through too many hoops.

I'll ask simon about this

QT-50 Manual Complete (Simon?!)

Simon,

would it be okay to start a thread and make 45 posts to it, each with one page of the QT manual? That way, people could still access it while it was being converted to a pdf.

Please let me know. I've been promising this manual forever, and I'm finally done with most of the stuff on our end

Re: QT-50 Manual Complete (Simon?!)

Matt Wilson /

Wayne,

If you can send it to me in multiple emails, I can make it a PDF (I have the full version of acrobat) and then I can post it on my website for at least a few months.

<www.rpi.edu/~wilsom>

Matt

david f martin /

Is this the owner's manual, or the shop manual?

david

ItsLookingUp /

I think it is an owner's manual, david. Wayne, I'd like to host it also. I've been waiting a long time to ask !!! Congratulations, scanning can be a lot of work. Matt has other manuals in pdf.

that's cool. Matt-- if your inbox has the room, i'll send those this evening. Finish up my end of the project. I'll scan in my two Kymco model scooter owners manual, 2002 models, but 50cc machines.

let me know if you're interested in that-- now I'm used to scanning, I have a devoted machine, hooked up only to the scanner and network.

Using the cheesy software that came with it, any Mac suggections for a good TWAIN program? hope I got the term right-- supposed to be a geek. :)

Matt--- your post had a webpage-- I assume you're e-mail address is there, or in the directory here. if not let me know.

Going for a ride---90 degrees in MAINE in september. Man, I love living during the end of the world!

Matt Wilson /

Wayne,

You can email to me at wilsom@rpi.edu.

Lenny really wanted it too. I'll send it to him when I'm done or you can send it directly to him at

lstoltz@mis.net

Either way no problem

Matt

Matt Wilson /

Wayne is sending me .dat files from his apple.

I can't seem to figure out how to get Acrobat to open them. Does any one know?

I have photoshop, acrobat, and I can get any other program necessary.

I'll keep playing with it. Maybe Lenny knows

Matt

ItsLookingUp /

Matt, I just sent Wayne an email. I am receiving them as HTML files but they are encoded as JPG files. I believe they are going to have to be exported from the mac to a FAT32 file format. I also have Photoshop, Distiller, etc. I've tried changing the extention to other file type but no program will recognize them. If Wayne could stop sending them we may be able to email him to get more info on the scanner format.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account