1969 pink lady yamaha

I am looking for information on restoring a 1969 pink lady yamaha moped.

Any information you can provide on this little moped will be greatly appreciated.

Re: 1969 pink lady yamaha

Post a pic. I have never heard of such a bike.

I want to see it too!

I googled it, and got nothing. Well..... one site that was worth checking out for afew mintues... but then they wanted my credit card.

did one of the pink ladies drive a moped in grease?

Edward Richardson /

How about starting a little closer:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/43/2532/

Edward Richardson /

This guy seems to know a little about these:

Edward Richardson /

ha ha, think that might be the best photo on here. awesome for so many reasons.

wow electric start

Hi! Just came across your pink lady and while I can't help you much, it's not for lack of trying. I've got one (had it for years) and have never found any information on them. Mine is titled as a 1968, but ???

Code Name: BLAST! /

I'd rather have a Pinky Violence Yamaha ...

that is definitely early 60s yamaha. I have a 63 yf1 and the front suspension is the same as well as the fender stylings.

It is a 1968. I have one titled 1968, & I believe that was the only year they made them. They are not a moped per say as they do not have pedals. it is a two stroke, oil injected, 49cc motor, three speed transmission, electric start for the ladies. It is a Yamaha U5L (lady) & apparently there were very few made so it is hard to find stuff for them, but you can find some U5 stuff on ebay & elsewhere. I would love to see a photo of yours as it sounds like it's very original & mine is in pretty bad shape.

http://scootmagazine.com/smf/index.php?topic=190.0

found this, but it's missing the white fringe around the seat.

we used to have a blue one.

i love how these look, unlike the cubs, these look good with the legshields on OR off

cubs look like shit without legshields.

My dad purchased one of these used (during the 1970's oil crisis)... he spray painted it forest green. He's now 81 years old and recently cleaned out the garage and offered the bike to my husband as a restoration project. We're thinking of restoring the "pink lady" to her original glory!

Laurie Darrow /

I have a 1970 Lady Yamaha, 50cc. My title actually reads, 1970. I suppose it sat on the showroom floor for several years as per Mr. Ed Youngbloods' link: http://www.motohistory.net/news2010/news-mar10.HTML titled "When Yamaha Chased Women."  It appears that this bike was manufactured for only a few years, from 1967 - 1968 .     As per Ed's article, “if a product was still on the showroom floor after a year or so, the dealer could re-title the bike.”  So, my bike is most likely a 1968.  I did contact Yamaha requesting a manual and did not receive a response. I have been looking for years for other's like mine. Glad there are still a few around. Mine is missing the basket. Has just over 1000 miles. Runs great. Have it for sale on Craigslist/ Missoula.

IMG_0101.JPG
IMG_0099 (Small).JPG

oh my god. i want that so bad.

Laurie Darrow /

I am asking $2,000. Someday it will most likely be worth a lot more.

wow! that looks awesome! Yep, the titling later as they sat is common back then. same with the Allstate mopeds, etc, and even VW's. hahaa

woah.. Seely Lake? You are in driving distance! I'm in Lewistown. I can't afford another bike right now, but I sure do like yours!

Laurie Darrow /

Thank you! I have had the bike in storage since I purchased it 17-years ago. An older gentleman by the name of Darrell, stored it for 20-years in his garage. A woman and her daughter first purchased it from the dealer, Darrell. Glad I was able to obtain a bit of history about the bike. My brother who lives in Great Falls located a spark plug to fit last year and he actually serviced the bike to get it up and running.

Prior to that it has not run since I road it home, (approx. 1-mile) 17 years ago. It's all original, except the spark plug. The plastic is still on the crank case from the factory. The tires are original also. Darrell gave me two small cans of pink paint for touch ups. I have not used them. All that is missing is the basket. Maybe it belongs in a museum ...

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

...and someday it may be worth-less.

It does. I think your $2000 is a little low. Bring'er over and lets ride!!

Laurie Darrow /

ha, guess it's worth what someone is willing to purchase it for. You'll have to ride without me. Thanks for the offer!

no groms no blasters /

would

Gunther Mcgillicuty /

would not

I bought one about four months ago. Had a stuck cylinder and the motorcycle guy before me broke the cylinder and piston so I'm on lookout for cylinder , piston, and rings.

What's the difference fom u5 to u7 to u7e. Looks like e is electronics start.

Still need a cylinder? I've got one, no piston or rings, might still be able to get those from yamaha.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account