gas mixture help

moped mike /

Can some one help me with the gas mixture ratio for a 1968 75 and a 69 cady moped,,,,, I heard that it was 25 to 1,, is that right,

Re: gas mixture help

sounds high to me. unless someone w/ more experience tells you otherwise, i'd suggest about 3oz to the gallon. do periodic plug chops to see if you need less/more oil.

I asked that same question 3 weeks ago for a friend and was told 25 to 1. bruce

Matt Lorence /

well, the tank sticker on my mobylette says 3oz per .6 gallons of gas. I run 6 oz per gallon to be safe, i would rather buy plugs then a piston and rings.

Start with mix of 25/1 and lean it out till it stops smoking when the engine is warm. It

pre-1980s oils are different from oils today. start w/ the recommended amount you were told. do a plug chop. if it's too much, then use another mix.

if you can, make your oil-gas mixes in small amounts. keep leaning it out until it works best.

Antoine Caron-Jobin /

I have a cady and I use 32:1 and its perfect

Mine calls for 25:1 and it ran too rich. So I slimmed down to about 16:1. Someone saying maybe I should not be doing this?

woa! if you ran too rich at 25:1 you will be even richer at 16:1 (more oil per gallon of gas). to lean out your oil mixture, you go up. most mopeds run good at about 43:1 or even 50:1.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account