STOCK 49cc Tomos! 50 MPH!!!!

This is our attempt with the peoples @ Myrons Mopeds to hit the 50 mph mark on a totally stock 49cc engine. Here in the pic is Shaun Strahm, the owner of Myrons Mopeds. He is holding up his secret weapon, his custom fabbed dual exhaust, which has been running strong on his BlueFly 07 ST . I've personally run his bike to 48mph without many aero mods. But as of right now, it looks totally like a Bonneville Salt Flats Racer. Also, this exhaust is still running the catalytic converters, which is fucking mindblowing. Next week will be when I'll be jokey-ing Shaun's Tomos to hopefully 52mph on a COMPELETELY STOCK A55 with a Police LIDAR!(more accurate than RADAR) I'll let u guys knows hows it goes...

Re: STOCK 49cc Tomos! 50 MPH!!!!

Cleats Onionpockets /

awesome, the 50/50 club grows ever larger. And I was worried this was another mocking the nuts from jersey post.

educatetheyouth /

Sorry. Lemme try again

educatetheyouth /

Really? Do the New Jersey kids get mocked that much? hmmm

thats nuts

ok now make my pinto go 50 MPH :p

are u saying theres no porting, stock carb and stock gears?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Yea, that would defy 2 stroke ideas. It has to be ported, geared, etc. A good port job could probably do it.

I don't know if it's been ported, but I'm certain it's been re-geared. What you don't see in these pix though is the sweet aerodynamics Shaun has constructed. A real work of art.

well lets get smore pics

defiantly ported

My ported, stock geared, stock carb A35 with Bullet pipe only goes 42.

the a55 cylinder is better than ure a35 thats y

defiantly = the new definitely

This ain't stock. Stock would be stock exhaust and unported engine, without some fancy fairing. Maybe you should have titled this "slightly modified 49cc Tomos Moped does 50!"

Just Laying it down like I see it.

hahaha i always miss spell that word and hit auto correct and it always changes it to defiantly.

fail x a million

educatetheyouth /

Definitely NOT PORTED!! TOTALLY STOCK ENGINE! STOCK CARB still with an unmodified stock airbox. USING THE SAME IRIDIUM PLUG for about 8000 miles now. Gears up front are 26, 22 rear(unofficial Tomos Standard for Gearing) Still has original oil injection (working flawlessly, haha :p Jerry)

The Money is in the Aerodynamics. Ill post more pics later, so you can check out the awesome front fairing Shaun pieced together! Definitely a work of art. Like I said Totally a Bonneville Racer!!

And its MORE than possible to hit 50mph on a stock engine. Top Speed is regulated more by aerodynamics and drag coefficient, instead of power. What people don't know about Myron from Myrons Mopeds is that in 2006 and 2007, in 50cc and 100cc class, Myron shattered and still holds land speed records at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Ive seen a confirmed 86 mph!! on a modified 50cc engine! WHOA!! taking that into consideration, I know we can reach 50-52mph

stock = no change as produced by tomos.

YouR project = many changes, as in you can't buy it in it's current set up from a dealer floor.

Many changes <>= stock

Although I like what it is you be doing, it's not stock.

Peace out with your heavily modified tomos out!

how is that pipe "totally stock"?

who cares what stock means it goes fucking 50 mph on an unmodified cylinder and carb, i don't know anything about tomos gearing what does 26 x22 equate to? is that what they come with, cuz if soo thats even cooler.

theoretically a stock moby (or puch) could do 50mph if it could overcome the aerodynamic and fictional friction, all the super mobys go over 50 with stock gearing.

TOMMY FAIRING CLUB NOW!!!! I told u dude!

btw awesome!

educatetheyouth /

stock engine!! im not sure if you get that?? everybody else does. Please No need to be a Nazi. Your posts are of no help. Progression vs Regression? hmmm i don't know.... your post is a square 1 kinda deal. But your input is still valued! :o) If i could now, I would've titled it STOCK ENGINED TOMOS! 50mph! there happy?

educatetheyouth /

thanks Elliot for the support! More pics to come later of MYRONS MOPEDS SUPER DUPER BLUE FLY Tomos!!

PLEASE HURRY i wanna see this bad boy, is the frame stock?

not stock, but sick as hell and pretty close. really friction is slowing us down that much. man i can see the front of next years rally all with bubbles ....o wait i am never up there :P

Daniel,

Do you know if Shaun has any plans for a tail cone? I've seen some information on motorcycle aerodynamics that says the trailing end may be MORE important than the leading edge.

FA 50 does 300 miles per hour!! Stock!!!

Again, I have to call bullshit on the outlandish claims.

There's nothing stock about that bike. For christsakes, pull your head out!!!

Jack, what the hell is wrong with you. Do you really care if the frame is stock? For love of black baby jesus everlasting, do you really care? What if he tacked welded a bracket for that double trouble stinger? WOuld that change your opinion and then you would say it was'nt stock?k!!!

For the love of satan, dont you get it that the basic claim of your bike being a stock 49cc tomos is just so far misleading that I cant even get into your bike now.

Dam you, and may it seize on you.

But please have fun riding it before it does.

Re: FA 50 does 300 miles per hour!! Stock!!!

shaun is rad, and this bike is ridiculous. wishing anyone to seize is just not cool.

no big bore cheaters '08. he has never even taken the cylinder head off of this motor. after he crushes his goal, he is going to re-deck and go for 60-70 and beyond.

also, it's super awesome to see him so excited.

Re: FA 50 does 300 miles per hour!! Stock!!!

educatetheyouth /

Hey mike, Im gonna touch base with Shaun tomorrow. Ill ask him about the trailing edge of the bike. Seems interesting. Shaun is the super experienced fabricator so Im gonna leave it up to him. It is very refreshing to see Shaun so interested in a project. Hasn't really worked much, only on his own bike for this all consuming passion to hit 50. He usually leaves all the business semantics to Marvin anyways.

That is right. There is no porting and it is running a 22t rear gear and a 27 tooth front. Stock carb. The secret is in the twin pipe which is a dual frequency exhaust with the catalyst still in. The longer pipe makes a lower frequency pitch sound which is where the low and mid range is. The short pipe makes a high frequency sound to enhance the high end. This pipe really works. The blue st called the Blue Fly rips.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account