Drinks & Your Moped: A Spill Free Ride

Does anyone have a good suggestion for getting from point A to B with a hot cup of tea on your moped? I know a lid is step one, but i need both them hands on the handlebars...where do I put this hot cup? A Puch

Re: Drinks & Your Moped: A Spill Free Ride

I've been pondering the same question...I'm think of welding something to the seam of my tank to drill through and install a cup holder. but i wouldnt dream or drinking it while riding..

I think they sell handle bar mounted cup holders at bike shops. give it a try.

get creative. theres a lot fo things that would work.

keep in mind you dont want to be sculded if you go down or get hit.

a gyro scope.

idk much about them but that they stay vertical.

hook up a cup holder to one. and to your bars.

it wont ever spill. untill you kill the bike and power is lost

camelback....lol

Just pull the guts out of your speedometer, leaving the round housing mounted to hold the cup. Then, with a small 6v heating coil installed inside, with wires installed kinda where the speedo cable was, it could even keep it hot for you too; hotter tea with faster RPM of the bike! Then you could go "So fast you could just taste it!"

However, the moped bong is your baby... :-)

They make a boat cup holder that swivels on two axis. This could be the answer to yo' problem.

Maybe search on westarone web site.

This idea, except with a bike-bottle thingy instead of the extinguisher

Can you get those seats for Puch that is in that picture? I think they may go over well here. Magnum seats and gas tanks, and plastic parts for Puch Magnums are needed here as well as the fastners and springs to hold them on.

This site has a few on it

http://www.scootworks.com/partsmugs.htm

this company Quickstx or somthing like that sell cup holders that clamp on cymbal stands for drum sets. thata what i'd do.

thanks for the feedback everyone. I think my favorite so far is the suggestion to gut the speedometer and use it as a drink warmer as well.

Ive googled a bike and found a few solutions for bikes and motorcycles, but am still trying to think where I would put it on the Puch. It would be logical to find or make something that goes on the book rack (I have a Maxi Sport), but then again, seems the vibration from all the potholes on the streets in my hood would probably send the cup flying.

...the search continues...

jsut put it inbetween your legs, lol dont go to fast or to slow over bumps or wear chaps, lol

get a hydration pack. that you can put on your back.

Who besides the english drinks tea? gimme a nice cup of coffee with cream and sugar tyvm.

Cream... Sugar... Wuss Haha, Maxi's can perfectly hold a six pack of bottles or a 12 pack of cans, I love german engineers.

Cream and sugar go in my tea. Coffee is best enjoyed black.

"RAM Mount":http://www.ram-mount.com/drinkcupmount/drinkcup_mount.htm has the solution for you.

Good topic, but I'm more worried about pure water. Thanks for bringing the issue up. handle bar mount or behind the seat are solutions from the bicycle world had ag one when my 'ped quit on a hot day. I keep mine in a leather tool kit (front handle bars).

I haven't read any further than this post, but you may want to pull your speedo out of your headlight. Presto! Instant cup holder.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

how exactly are you drinking anything with the full face helmet you SHOULD be wearing? crazy straw? tilting your head back while riding????

my advice, keep your attention were it belongs, on the road.

George Carlin in one of his last performances said, "you can tell how big an ass hole is by the complexity of their starbucks coffee order." I suppose demanding a cup that would fit into my speedo would make me a grande-ass hole. Starbucks blows anyway. Peets!

made a homemade one

Fred Melonhead /

a few years ago

Its pretty low rent looking ... but works great

It was the first iteration and I planned on making a better looking one ... but never got around to it ... yet

I took the bottom 5 inches of a plastic 2 liter bottle ... put 2 holes in the top opposite each other ... tied a piece of light rope/string/whatever through the 2 holes ... the 'string' ... hangs over whatever part of the handlebar you like .. (mirror/lever/switch?)

... put a hole or two in the bottom to drain

... it dangles with gravity nicely .. (stopping spilling) ... can be switched to another bike in seconds

and its funny ... people honestly ask in a curious manner ... "what is this for ?"

What ?! ... you never seen a cupholder before ?!

... they always crack up

Now I actually used a piece of that light nylon landscaping strapping ... which is more rigid than string and stabilizes it all a little better ... but5 you get the idea

... works great ... soda ... big hot coffee .. actually a lot of things fit innit

made a homemade one

Fred Melonhead /

and by the way .. I am still using the original 3 year old one .. dangles from my left bar a couple inches inside the grip

"I brought you some hot tea, because thats what you are...... a Hottie"

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=cart.htm/buy=1/item=2243/SID=PUT_SID_HERE

80 bucks for this one. That shit is too baller for my lifestyle.

six pack? Try 30. I grab a 30 rack on my maxi every day. You just slide it between the seat and the fuel tank so that it rides in between your legs. It stays nice and snug and everyone give you funny looks because you have a 30 rack where your engine should be.

I use one of these on my scooter, I lift the seat hook iton the side, then close the seat down. This should work for quite a few peds.

cheap an easy, like me