Chicago People

Thinking of moving to Chicago.

What are the good neighborhoods?

I have a little girl so not too sketchy.

Wicker Park?

Bridgeport?

Oak Park?

I have no idea.

Help!!

-Thanks

Re: Chicago People

Oak Park, Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Ravenswood, Lake View, Lincoln Square, not necessarily in that order.

Arlington Heights

bridgeport has ok areas and than there is ares that you can see a latin king on every block.

To be honest if your worried about safety and your little kid not growing up in a terrible public school system stay in the suburbs. Also i hope you have a job that you are moving here for shit be getting expensive

Cool thanks!

Ya, Job reasons.

Thanks for the heads up.

--J

Evanston

Logan Square close the the actual square is nice...

Lulz brennan.

For your kid's sake, stay in the burbs for school.

Definitely making the decision based on the interest of my kid. So Thanks for the advice. I just want to be in train's distance to West Loop possibly.

then youre gonna wanna live in the northwest suburbs mostlikely.

The northwest metra line runs from crystal lake, to the oglive transportation center.

Wow. Soooo much faith in the public school system. Yeah if you're lazy and don't feel like seeking out the many outstanding Chicago Public Schools (magnet schools would be a good place to start), then plant yourself in the burbs. But as a matter of personal opinion.... they suck!!! Evanston withstanding.

Born, raised, and schooled in the middle of the city.

You can't pay money for the rich life experiences and lessons i found.

There are some world class schools in the city.. my wife teaches at one.

Logan Square between western and millwalkee along the blvd is nice for families and large spaces can be found for relatively inexpensive and its close to the blue like which will get you to the west loop in 20 minutes or so.

Chicago People

Oak parks public schools are FANTASTIC. The community is a old liberal community. And is god dang proud of it, although sometimes verry snobby about it. Verry progressive.

The number one reason to move to oak park is the public education system. People move here to put their kids in these schools. Its expensive as hell.... There is an incredible amount of funding that goes strait to the school system. The community is very kid friendly..... (i can elaborate on that if necessary).

yet chicago has one if not the highest rate of drop outs and low test scores.

Oak Park isn't even part of the city but its really close you can take the green line get you to the loop in about 30-40 mins and really nice. Just research

This is all helping. And part of my research. I haven't decided to take the job yet. I was looking into Oak Park and Logan Square. If I can move to a place that is comparable to where I live now then I am gold but if not, maybe it isn't for me.

Logan is where its at. then you have easy access to moped action.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

if for your into burbs villa park was AMAZING

i would look at oak park over logan square. Oak park is one of the nicest suburbs i have been too and hell you can ride your ped into chicago with in 15 mins and only like half na hour from down town. But yah. If your young and want to live cheap logan square, wickerpark those areas. Family situations is differnt

IMAO Stay out of Cook county (aka crook) the taxes are insane and so is the crime .

How is Rogers Park or Edgewater?

Rogers Park was an upscale neighborhood about 40 or 50 years ago, but has gone to pot in recent years. I think it hit its low about 5 years ago, and now is slooowly beginning to come back.

Edgewater is a much better bet, but a little congested for my taste, many multi unit apartment buildings, so on street parking is a little problematic.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

live by me..peterson woods. by lincoln square/north park.

its the place to be.

"I work on Belmont but i live in wicker park. All my friends are bartenders at all the coolest bars. My girlfriends in the coolest band that you'd ever seen; they play the empty bottle every week."

hammond, indiana, cheap as shit, train to loop, the city "a christmas story" was based on. you'll shoot your eye out.

"North Center":http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=north+center+chicago&ie=UTF8&ll=41.953043,-87.6824&spn=0.047363,0.077248&z=14 is one of the most family friendly areas Ive seen. Logan Square has alot of families also and is growing that direction even more.

I have a condo for sale in rogers park.

oak park is nice but rather pricey and the cops are dicks

bridge port it all depends what part you move into they do have kick ass apartments if you move there move closest to the police station on 35th and lowe. and wicker park is really nice and way more urban its kind of pricey as well. oak park is not that urban really kind of reminds me of a suburb where wicker park has more of a city feeling.

« Go to Topic — end of thread