Tomos Warranty?

I have a month old tomos arrow. I absolutely love the thing , drive it to work daily, and can't wait to find a cool older top tank moped to start playing with. I purchased it from a dealer that has gone out of business in cinci and I drove from louisville to get it. The dealer in town was sold out when I was ready to buy. My electric start, along with consistent lights/horn just crapped out. I am pretty sure it is just not recharging the battery. I emailed Tomos and they said I had to bring it back to the place I got it, I explained that the dealer I purchased it from is no longer in business + 2 hours away, but they seemed uninterested in all of that. What should I do? Should I demand that the local place fix it under warranty or should I just fix it myself? I am super new to these, but I want to learn how to work on them. I have been on this site daily for about 3 months trying to learn more, and if people in the area are cool with a new guy stopping by during a bit of wrenching, I am willing to learn even more. Thanks

Re: Tomos Warranty?

sell it.. get yourself something better like a honda or vespa.. tomos has been rated one of the lowest quality mopeds ever, theyve been banned from tonnes of roads across na because of their poor construction and unsafe quality. theyre fun, yeah, but it'll be one thing wrong with it after another, even iif it was brand new, and youll end up spending a fortune (mine cost me 1000 bux in repairs first year, brand new) i lost all the skin on my left leg when my tomos lx rear swing arm snappe in two while i was riding, causiong the bike to dump sending me sliding 10 metres. that was when i decided to chuck it. theres a good reason the shop you mentioned went out of business. grab a honda, best of luck.

Tomos worst quality moped? where did you pull that fact out of your ass from?

Mr Ianetta. Did you join this forum just to spam the hell out of it and bash Tomos?

Three posts or so I've seen already you just bash Tomos, two of them not even Tomos related.

I'd explain it again to tomos without the mentioning the 2 hours away part as that extra detail is completely moot and you want to be as clear as possible. It will have to be fixed at a tomos dealer I'm sure but have them do it. You should also try contacting your closest Tomos dealer and see if they will do the warranty service, They should not have a problem with it as Tomos will reimburse them for it and they may be more helpful. As far as "mr ianettea" goes I have a feeling I know who he is and is best ignored. He is bitter and twisted with nothing but time on his hands.

John Joedicke /

Ah, the idiot from Oakville, Ontario, Canada appears again. Ignore the troll, he didn't know how to repair a ped and bought a scooter. Probably that has crapped out by now also.

yea... thats like the 10th thread ive seen him bash tomos and look idiotic...

hes probably riding around some POS chinese scooter or moped whatever he calls it with all its plastic.

Ask around the dealer near you, usually they love helping people if there nice people, the guy around here showed me how to do some basic stuff.

Tomos Warranty?

Yes, the local place should be able to fix it and also collect on the warranty claim. They have to report where the bike was originally purchased when they fill out the warranty claim form, and (important!!) the warranty registration card must be on file at Tomos USA, or the folks who did the fixing may not get paid for their work and parts. So, when you originally bought it, did you send the card in, or did the dealer send it in for you?

Tomos or not, its still a moped. Any idiot who is so closed minded that they think one brand is superior over the other cleary doesn't know what their talking about. Different peds have different problems. For the arrow, its the wiring.

Hi Chris, your problem is a common one. The main fuse burned out. My guess is you are running a 7.5 amp fuse. Change out the fuse to a red one which is 10amps. The fuse is located under the left side cover. Take the cover off and you will see a lot of wires. Look for the fuse holder. Change out the fuse and everything should be alright.

John Joedicke /

9 out of 10 times it is the fuse. Seems Tomos for some reason has a downsized one in place and has caused all kinds of this problem with the wiring circuit. Also check your wiring under the rear fender for any rub wear on the harness.

Rockin! I will pick up a fuse after work and try it. I looked at the brown fuse that was already in there and it looked ok but maybe i didn't look close enough. I will try contacting the local dealership if that doesn't solve the problem. Thanks everybody for being helpful.

Side note: There is a small black wire hanging out with a round connector under the seat and a small black wire with a squared connector under the spedo. I thought these might have been the problem, but I cant find anywhere they would plug into. I figure now that they are used for testing purposes. Am I correct in that assumption?

Chris,

I may be the closest Tomos dealer to you ? I am 1 hour East of Cincinnati.

If you can bring the bike to me, I will fix it for you. I don`t care if you sent the warranty card in or not.

I know 3 hours is a long haul to get warranty work done, but all I can do is offer to help.

Ike

Woo Hoo! You guys rocked me like a hurricane! My second glance at the fuse and sure enough...burnt! Tossed in a 10amp and the thing fired right up. Now to go enjoy the cool louisville night air and possibly play a bit of flash light tag in cherokee!

you not learn much here go to moped site

tomos ok ma no

John Joedicke /

Wow. that is a genius trying to form words. Lets see ,who has left the site recently......ya thats him. Peace ,lol

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account