Sava MC11's

Any of you guys running sava mc11's? Im sure they arent as good as Gazelles, but are they still pretty good? Any problems with them?

Thanks

Re: Sava MC11's

They're fine. Not nearly as beef or rigid as gazelles. Semi slick with good clearance.

better than gazelles, imo

ooh, really dean? i think they look cooler. but i just didnt know if they if they gripped as well or were as durable as gazelles.

BTW, Dean, these are going onto the minimagnum! oooh yeah.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

They're great when crossing bridges that are grated and in the rain.

they are fine tires.

but they dont hold a candle to gazelles.

depends on what you want from a tire.

you've had problems with them fuckin shrearing to pieces or something?

well, peter, i want a tire that grips well in turns and can handle speeds of around 60 mph.

I think they're rated to handle 62mph.

From what I understand, sava's if you take your ped out on nice days .. meaning no rain, no off roading.

Gazelles for all-around weather and terrain factor.

Some swear they grip better than savas but some also say they grip the same.

Tom Rainwater /

Recommend 125% Super traction in the corners and smooth as glass in the straights.

Sounds like they'll work good for me. I guess i'll get a pair tomorrow.

John Joedicke /

Inflate on the high side. Nothing wrong with Savas.

gazelles are rad, just hard to put on and heavy. i ride my sava mc11s year round in seattle. that = lots of rain riding. never had a problem!

sweet. plus i think semi slicks will look pretty sick. cant wait til i get em!

listen to dean. kthxbye

o hai tim.

I have sava's on some of my bikes and IRC's as well as gazelles. I like all 3. Sava's for semi slicks are good in the rain in my opionion. Gazelles are too. In the end ,Gazelle's are a great tire in all circumstatnces, but shit man, id rather put a sava on any day.

I think alot of sava bad press got generated by a bunch of people dumping some old ones on ebay and the like. A new set of sava's is one of the first things id rec. for anyone with a bike looking to upgrade for rideabliity. Easy on, great tires.

Ive put a lot of miles on a set in a couple of years..and have been impressed.

Its all what ya want.

Jon gets it, much <3

<3<3 Tim

Thanks Andrew. Yeah, im ordering up a set of these tomorrow. Unfortunately, im gonna have to order from you-know-where.

BTW, where can i get tubes for these? Im not paying MS 10 bucks per tube...

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I wouldn't get the Sava's. Call up 77 and get some of their rad Hutchinson's. They are like 2.5's and almost like the michelin m29's (which are the best moped tire). Sava's are decent, but the compound is soft and they wear a bit too quick. They do look good on a maxi though.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

Sava's can suck my butt. I ran a set for a while and within the first few months I started to get cracks and stuff in the tire. I purchased mine new from 77's when they were based out of KZOO. If I were you I would order a nice set of IRC's from Quarterkick. They have great shipping and prices. Tubes are like $5 each there.

maybe the cracked ones are the old ones that were sitting around.

77 previously did not stock sava's , they outsourced em and had em drop shipped to you. They never saw the tires. So it would not be thier fault nor would they know if you got a crappy old set. I know they had problems with distributors.

MWH for good or for bad has sava's in sets with tubes, and every time ive ordered them , they have quickly sent me new tires and tubes for a decent price.

A search for moped tires under ebay brings up some too.

try denniskirk.com for irc's or quarterkick like others say if you want to try the irc's. I like them alot too.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

I worked for '77 when i bought the tires, I know for a fact that they were new. For roughly the same cost I feel that you can get far superior tires.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account