New to TORONTO and looking to Moped network!!!

K, so Im in TO now, in Yonge and Eglington area and looking to get to know some moped people in, around and about!! Who's all around here? LIVE FAST, RIDE SLOW!!!

Re: New to TORONTO and looking to Moped network!!!

Maybe find someone who knows how the hell to fix my F***Ing Moby lol

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

The only word you should have censored is probably "netw**king". Stupid soulless business buzz words. Besides, cussing is perfectly acceptable when talking about Mobys. :-)

Maybe you will meet our friend targaped there if you see a yellow tomos with a toilet seat dont go near him.

The more the merrier!! Toilet seat? lol

Well if you like getting you ear talked off by a old guy saying that there is nothing wrong with the tomos oil injector then go for it. He aint very liked here. He has been baned off this site.

yeah that dude was a dingbat. Whenever i'm in Ontario I watch for him frantically though. If I could get my picture taken with him I'd be a _legend_ around here.

You should so have gotten a picture with him lol that would ahve been funny.

We used to have a crew that would go for a weekly ride but since Lindsay is off the map now it's pretty much every rider for him/herself.

I may be about to embark on a Moby repair adventure of my own soon, so maybe I can help. I'm no wrench man but I understand the basic principals. Email me and let me know what's up with your bike and I'll see what kind of advice I can offer.

Very cool, right now im mostly having electrical probs but im hopeful. I have to go over the whole electrical system and see if i can diagnose the issue (really hope I don't need to replace anything crosses fingers)

And it sounds to me like we need to organize a bit. Just because she isn't available dosen't mean We moped riders shouldn't hang out, we need to start another branch of the army!!! For names Im thinking maybe The Cycaidas, The Dragon Rooks, The Screaming Grasshoppers or something...any thoughts?

What did he do...and are the injectors bad on them? (thinking of buying a streetmate)

What he did was claim to travel across Canada on a Tomos Targa. Then continue to keep bringing it up every day, like he was the only person to ever ride marathon distances. People started to crack wise, he told them to fuck off, then someone asked about Tomos oil injectors, he apparently loves them in an illogical manner, as if he had given birth to them. From there he got crazier and crazier, just posting inflammatory threads all over the site with everyone responding in the most irreverent or annoying manner they could think of. Somewhere along the way he apparently found religion and started throwing all kinds of smug religious bullshit into his attacks, became paranoid that half the people on this website were actually Harold or Jerry, he got banned, came back, got banned again, threatened to come to The States and confront Harold, apparently got to Windsor and was either denied entry or chickened out, and now he shows up about once a week from a different public library IP address to post these "Harold is a fascist, viva la resistance" jibberish posts that just get ignored until Harold deletes them. His memory lives on though, kind of like the Johnny Appleseed of annoying trolls, riding from town to town, visiting libraries and spreading his insanity.

I'm sure I forgot something good, but that's the jist of it.

As for the oil injectors, I've never used one but I wouldn't trust it, it's like seizure roulette.

Thats wild...and kinda sucks for anyone trying to log on here from those library's, myself when I first started out before I got my own connection thats how I got online...but we are getting off topic. I really would like to start getting some folks together so we can ride, exchange parts, make friends etc.!!!!!

Vimy Ridgeway /

Al, you should go to a rally and let people know what you think. Then, who knows?

Hey Al. I'm not too far from you in Richmond Hill, still fixing up my Grandes though!

John Joedicke /

The remnants of the RCMP rise up.

I live in St. Louis Mo., and belong to a group of mopeders named IRE. We meet weekly at our fort, and have fixit day. We're not just a year old yet, but have attended 2 rallies, taken many rides, and are planning a rally here.

One in our group is an over the road trucker, He does a delivery run to toronto pretty regularly. He picks up, and drops off stuff for us , if doesn't take him too far off his route.

Last summer, when it was nearly 100 degrees here every day,he had back to back runs to toronto, so I rode up with him. He dropped me off with my bicycle near Richmond Hill.I biked downtown, looked around , wandered thru neighborhoods, and parks, found a little motel down near mississauga, within walking distance of the streetcars. For 4 days I rode your public transport, going to yardsales, junk shops, looking at buildings, talking to people I meet. It was a great time, with a high of maybe 80 the hottest.

He's got another load like that coming up, I'm hoping to go. I'd like to bring one of my peds, or maybe buy a running, or nearly running one, while I'm up there. I've noticed that the canada guys have alot of french stuff. I just bought a 59 moby, my first french bike, but I think I like it.. I'm really interested in the solex bikes, maybe you can find me one.

So, the way our group formed was, these 2 or 3 guys , who worked at a scooter shop, selling and working on that cheap t&g stuff. had gotten into some basket case peds, put together a list , off of MA of people nearby, about 70 on the list, and invited them to a moped fixit day. About 6 guys showed up the first time, and now our meetings are easily 20.We have our own website, mopedstl.com. I think that was a good way to get things started... hopetoridewithyousoon

Very kool, maybe a fixit day is in order? Get a few of us together and what have you...?

Thinking of a fixit day...perhaps it is also a seed for a group...?

Hmm...any going on in TO anytime soon?

I wanna ride.. markham here..

« Go to Topic — end of thread