New mopeds: Godfather, garelli, chinese knockoff

Say what you will about America, but $300 still buys a heck of a lot of mopeds:

The Godfather, lol! Luckily I have an extra wheel to put on there. What is up with that crazy Garelli cylinder?

This chinese knockoff is pretty interesting, some sort of copy of a Honda. In good shape, driven 41 km!

Re: New mopeds: Godfather, garelli, chinese knocko

those are awesome man! are any of them running?

I love how the blue one isn't "a" godfather. it's THE motherfucking Godfather.

Quatto would be correct.

amazing pickup.

Supposedly the Godfather (Minarelli) will run fine except for ya know not having a rear wheel. The chinese knockoff is supposed to run but very poorly. The garelli was seized and needs new rings maybe more. I haven't actually tried to run them myself yet, I want to flush a little gas through the tanks and clean the carbs before I try to start em.

holy shit...nice finds..

did you buy them all at once? that chinese one is a total Hobbit rip-off. looks fucking cool though. i'd totally do an engine transplant and have a pretty unique hobbit.

the honda copy is damn cool. Be careful with that plastic, it's like all there!

Under the godfather there looks like some words,if so, what are the words? I would be interested to buy parts from the garelli and/or chinese if you want to sell, and the godfather too.

Under "The Godfather" what it says is "Manufactured By Motobee." I'm not likely to be parting any of these, the Garelli and Hobbit ripoff are both 100% complete and just need some work to get them running well. The Godfather is a basket case in terms of the non-engine parts, but actually runs great without any tinkering. Its problems though: front wheel is from another bike, crooked, and doesn't fit right. Rear wheel is nonexistant. I'm trying to swap wheels from a Cimatti but its a little problematic. Also the seat is from a Motobecane, is ripped, and isn't even attached! Its just sorta jammed on there right now.

i just got that exact same model garelli a few weeks ago and got it running decent, it's fun but holy crap the seat is brutal on the cheeks. nice find!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account