boston: about our rides

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

just a suggestion

mainly, i think we should make a lot more of an effort to ride two by two - at least when we're in town/on busy streets. aside from the fact that its actually illegal to block up an entire road when we dont need to, its way safer to go two by two, and allowing cars to pass on the left, rather than taking up all three lanes of comm ave in one big bunch will reduce road rage, make it like a million times less likely that we will continue to get pulled over, and also make us look less like jerks, which is what most drivers probably presume we are to begin with. same goes for, like, basically coming up from behind cars at red lights, and basically surrounding them with mopeds on all sides. i know it seems like second nature to us, but im sure it totally freaks out a lot of drivers and, quite frankly, boston drivers are more than bad enough without any extra nudging.

sooner rather than later, someones going to get hit by a car thats been trying to pass us for blocks and blocks. and, as if thats not bad enough, i cant imagine what kind of chain reaction thatll set off if someone then goes down in the middle of a huge amorphous mass of speeding mopeds.

i dont mean to sound like a 'get off my lawn' type of old man. i dont believe strongly in many things, but im a big proponent of traffic laws. if drivers generally know what to expect of us they will be able to deal with us more easily and predictably, and everyone will just be a lot safer all around.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account