Boston - Breaking down and loving it

So i just got back from the weekly boston ride. An overall shitty trip from the other side with lots of stops for various reasons. Great time at cabot's creamery. Then me and daniel blasted back over to daniels place, trying to catch up with sabat and amanda, only to see that they had already came and went. So daniel leads me out to route 99 so i could head to my sisters in revere. about a mile into that leg of the trip my bike starts sputtering. i say fuck it, and keep heading. daniel heads home, i continue on with my bike sputtering merging into to 2 lane traffic with sox traffic going 25 in a 40. i get a little further and my bike completely dies, wont start. (the carb is super dirty from a wicked old gas line i put on it) so my sister comes and picks me up, get to her house, drink a beer or two, and here i am now.

moral of the story: i had a great time tonight, being out there and doing the activity of mopeding. good to see everyone tonight, whats on for the weekend?

Re: Boston - Breaking down and loving it

oh and post all the pictures! i saw alot of cameras tonight (2 i think)

and what did you learn?

that i love my moped and what it does, no matter what the siteeation. you ahhhviously didnt get the point.

I was joking. But seriously...clean that fuel line, youll love it even more.

tonight was not the best ride from a 'riding' standpoint. i felt like we werent getting along with cars very well. i like the 'country' rides better. but i still had a good time at cabots and afterwards, even though joeho totally tried to rip me off.

suckit! i thought the flash card was 30 i was wrong. i dont know shit about modern electronics haha sorry my man. you got the whole thing for 100 which is still less than i paid for everything after taxes

rockles thats what happens when you put tomos parts on your bike. it starts to hate you

im itemizing the receipt right now and cross-checking it against several pricing databases. i'll get back to you with my conclusions tomorrow.

just kidding.

this camera rules. i'll try to set it up in time for my commute tomorrow morning.

by "great time at cabot's creamery", do you mean when you were texting, i was texting, or when sabat sprayed white root beer foam all over his crotch?

oh it wasnt root beer foam. we mean it was a special suprise

and when joe ate it up, that was even better...

Phil, Sheila, Brandon, Kate and I had a nice ride back through Watertown and Cambridge. Unhindered by all you with broken peds....we flew like the wind.

We almost got hit by a city trackless trolly. City bus drivers suck. They never use a turn signal when re-entering traffic and even if they do see you they continue anyway and run you into on coming traffic!

I got startled by a jackass with a new fast scooter who came out of no where and passed me on the wrong side of the road. He almost hit me by cutting me off. There is something about the hot weather and being a idiot.

Also, that angry little man with the mini-copper was a jerk. I definitely thought he was going to kill someone. I mean, we are going slow, he is in a car, pass us and move on.

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

jeez and i thought i had it bad making jokes about drinking and coked out scenesters to a bunch of 18 year old straight edge kids

Ahhh I cant wait to move to Boston!

See you guys in three weeks....

We will welcome you with open arms....

we will welcome you with rootbeer foam

here's a few photos taken with my phone's camera. from last night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29024589@N08/

I'd love to do some video next time. anyone got a mount for a camera?

I'm not buying a helmet cam just yet.

I have an Flip Video, I could probably mount it somehow...we can work on that Sunday.

guys, i now own joehos handlebar camera. recorded my commute today at 15fps, which wasnt great, because movements were wavy. but im going to change it to 30fps, so it shuold be awesome. it also has a helmet mount.

« Go to Topic — end of thread