What's the longest your kit has lasted??????

Chris Hernandez /

How many miles have you run your kit without major fuck ups? I'm just wondering.

Re: What's the longest your kit has lasted??????

mosquito Isaac passed 7ooo miles i know

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

What kit?

This is why I havent kitted my maxi yet. reliability is a factor for me. I would like to know whats the most reliable kit?

800 miles so far on my vespa malossi 65

I've run all season on my 65cc Metrakit with no problems except for a soft seize which I think was my fault. But it's hard to get Metrakits anymore and I've heard their new stuff has bad casting.

7000 kit was a polini 65cc

I bet charlie latebird had atleast 4k on his 65 metra before it finally blew.

ive got at least a grand on my minarelli polini and still going

I put 3k on an athena kit.

At least 1,000 on my Polini. soft-siezed after 2 miles because I was a jackass. No problems since then.

what goes wrong with them?

30 tanks of gas thru my gila 80cc kit . i go through about a tank a day

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

there were many miles on my polini before i soft seized it, well over 1000. It was perfect. It still is pretty rad.

My friend has at least 4k on a 50 tccd, the OG version from years ago. Its as good as new.

I've easily got about 4K, maybe 5K on my Metra 65, ran it hard and strong for a solid year. The bearings went out. Not major seizes though. I cleaned the piston a few times and run 91octane and Motul 800 25:1. Can't go wrong.

kim jensen /

How is the VEspa Mallossi? Are you running a SHA 13-13?

Also, without the convenience of changing a rear sprocket like on a Puch, did you put the smaller rear trans gears in it?

Aren't those really expensive?

Vespa's seem to be able to handle high revs better than most, but how high can you rev it without changing rear gears?

Once you hit 40mph, you are really reving, so what's the point?

Also what pipe are you running? Most the ones I see availiable require severe modifications, removal of pedals and such and are really costly. The Polini I put on kills bottom end, but is OK at top end - BUT is way too loud. Curious what you might be using.

Thanks!

kbj

creature graham put thousands of miles on the 65 polini that he rode to south america on, i don't think he ever seized it and the trip alone was 13,500.

Jesus, he did that on a kit? I didn't know that.

Oops. Also, Polini for the win.

Power-wise the Vespa Malossi is sweet sweet action (I hear the Polini's are similar). Reliability is good so far, quality appears to be fantastic.

I run an SHA 13.13

I have not put taller gears in it yet.

I run a Leo Vince handmade exhaust, pretty much a copy of the Proma Circuit. It clears pedals and stand on my Grande without modification, and is quite loud. They are hard to find. Get a Simonini Circuit, I hear good things about them.

Mine has GPSd 44.1 and probably has a tad more in it.

The bike doesnt rev higher with taller gears. It revs the same, but the same rpm translates into more wheel rotations.

here you go:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p_Ysahl1B79WHMUBbvCzNfg

Mattman MopedHead /

got about a 1000 miles out of my metra 64cc kit. the knarl wore off the piston, and now it won't idle. next time i'll use an air filter!

2000+ on a peugeot gilardoni kit.

110 miles on a Airsal AV10!!

what what?

Pete Daddeo *YouTube: Moped Problems* /

I bought a kitted Derbi variant with 3,000 miles on it. It was def kitted way back in the 80's. made by MoFast

graham of the creatures rode a polini from sf to terra del fuego Argentina and then kept riding it in SF afterward and to rallys etc., infact it is still good to go today, so.... 20,000 miles or so at least.

o and again POLINI KIT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best kit out there for puch no question asked, can blast witht eh big boys and be as reliable as stock.... simply amazing!

Very true. You do need to know what you're doing if you want a Polini to be reliable tho. A small mistake can seize up that kit in no time.

I ran 3k miles on a 70cc TCCD. After that, the wall was still smooth as silk and the piston looked like new.

Any kit is reliable tho, as long as you give it a mild porting to get rid of any sharp edges, put it together the right way, jet it right and run a proper mixture.

Yeppers on the Polini.

1300k on it before I sold it.

Ran perfectly every time. Never soft seized or nothing.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

nearing 2K on an Airsal... still still runs strong, only use good synthetic, though.

~marc