so...would this be worth buying?!...

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/mcy/775897299.html

so yeah...$250.

these things dont pop up too often around here.

and what the hell are points?

Re: so...would this be worth buying?!...

Jake Shaughnessy /

ya, it has a za50 on it

Cleats Onionpockets /

Not for 250, no. Offer half that and that would be fair. Not running, rust everywhere, needs tires, etc, not worth 250 in my eyes.

i'd offer 200..

That's a lot for a non-running moped. If it doesn't run, it's a lot more work and time to figure out why it doesn't run, and it's a lot more work, time, and money (spent both on parts and possibly tools) to get it running. If you really want it, though, go for it. You'll learn a lot, I'm sure. Try to talk them down first though. $100-$200 would be better.

I would point you to a wiki article on points, but alas, there isn't one. It's number one on the wanted list too ... all of you who are capable of writing such an article should be ashamed of yourselves. Get working on it!

Here's the best I can do: Cleaning the points, and on the left right above the yellow wire here ... they're an electrical thing.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

I'd get it before it is gone.

No way man...

For a Florida Ped that's way overpriced...

Offer him a hundred bucks

its a nice moped. those motors alone go for over $150 on ebay.

The chrome will actually clean up real well so a nice little project.

ps-i have a 1978 maxi II and i love it. same color. lots of rust. but i still love it.

Those are points... they live under your flywheel. i just replaced mine, they give you issues if they are too far apart or corroded...

http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_145&products_id=587

if cosmetics aren't an issue and you think you can get it running for cheap... it just depends on how much you want to put into it. but yeah, try and offer him heaps less... it doesn't hurt.

« Go to Topic — end of thread