Mobecane Ring wedge block

Re: Mobecane Ring wedge block

Cleats Onionpockets /

AAAAAAAAAAAAAahahahahahahah!

A recal to make my bike slower! That's awesome.

Thank you, but no! Mine's slow enough as it is!

LMAO i wonder how many bikes are running with these and what it is

it stops the bike from variating all the way.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Makes you wonder as well...did someone suddenly realize one day "blimey! Those sodding french bikes are too fast for their own good! I'll soon put a stop to that!", or was there some sort of major rule change in the whole speed rating of mopeds in general?

older variators come stock with little restrictors. at least the one i just came across. there's a little ridge that stops the sliding cheek from sliding open all the way.

I'd like to see a picture of that..maybe thats what's wrong with mine....

yep, just took it off. have you taken a variator apart before? its very simply placed, and actually a pretty good idea... that is if you want to _restrict_ speed. basically you got your fixed cheek and your sliding cheek. youve watched your variator variate, you know what i mean. the fixed plate threads onto the variator... all they did was put a ring on (essentially a washer or spacer) before they threaded on the fixed plate. that way when the sliding cheek goes to slide, it gets stopped by this washer that just protrudes a liiiiiitle bit into its path. this stops the variator from getting into a higher gear. definitely makes a difference too.

haha you shoulda seen me earlier. i didnt know it was detachable so i started my engine, took off the belt, and got out a file. i literally tried to lathe the thing down! haha didnt work so well, good thing it comes righ toff.

paul i kinda doubt its your problem... this variator i have is pre-1970, and the bikes that were recalled were post 1980... most mobys i see are 74-78.. so you may be out of luck.

the little ring goes right after part number 3 in this diagram.

plus i wonder how many _actually_ got recalled and "fixed" haha

« Go to Topic — end of thread