im screwd...SCREWD I TELL YA

ok i told all yall how i got pulled over and all but now my mother wont let me ride my moped at all untilll i get my moped permit.... come to find out in MD if you have a learners permit you cant get a moped licence so now i have to wait till my 6 moths is up with my permit before i can ride my moped again.... and thats december!!!! fuck =[

Re: im screwd...SCREWD I TELL YA

ur lucky, i didnt even get pulled over, my 29 year old borhter did and now i got to wait for teh heat to kool down before i go back up on that road. which is the only back road i can get anywhere on.. sucks

You should get chopped, too.

pic = repeat

Since when have you had to get a moped license in MD? I have had 10 mopeds and scooters in MD none have been tagged, titled, registered, etc... nor have I had a license for them other than my driver's license. I do have a motorcycle license but that's arbitrary.

Jake Shaughnessy /

ride dirty, I do

Get a moped drivers permit.. All you have to do is take the written test.

Ohhhhhhh.. YOu all ready have a learners permit? Hmm. That sucks.

Is December the earliest you can get your license??

Btw Andy he means drivers license not tags.

There's got to be a loophole there.

In PA, which is totally different, a driver's license gets you on a moped.

I think that's what Andy meant - as a licensed driver, he can ride a moped. As a licensed motorcycle rider, he can ride two mopeds at once, or something.

So coreyc, doesn't that mean that you can only ride a moped with the same restrictions you'd have on a car - you know, like a Cinderella license? Something like, you can only ride during the day, or with a licensed driver sitting shotgun (um...), or back and forth from school or work.

I never figured out how they'd know that last one. Anyway, check the MD DMV website for laws - there's probably at least one that convinces your parents if not the local law enforcement.

If its anything like in MN if you have your learners permit and not a DL you have to wait to get your DL, because once the permit process is started you cant apply for the moped permit.

im in MN

my son has his learners permit

and got his motorized bicycle license afterwards, no problem.

there is no restriction.

<url>http://mva.state.md.us/AboutMVA/INFO/26300/26300-32T.htm</url>;

Nothing in this says you can't have a moped license in your circumstance. It says you must have a moped permit if you don't have a license and want to operate a moped in Maryland which is pretty much what you need to do right?

i called the mva 2 diffrent times and the both told me i couldnt have a moped licence and a learners permit at the same time. yea i can drive my moped with a learners permit but a licenced adult has to be bitch on the back..

Yes, but your son is valuable.

You have to have someone ride with you? So lame. Just ride dirty when no one is looking.

"yea i can drive my moped with a learners permit but a licenced adult has to be bitch on the back..."

That's what I thought, pretty much. You have a conditional license, essentially, with the condition that a licensed driver has to be in your vehicle when you drive it. That your vehicle probably can't carry a whole extra licensed driver doesn't figure into the law.

Beat.

I wouldn't suggest it but you could still ride, and if you ever got pulled over, just say "Yeah, I've only got a permit, but my dad's riding right behi... HOLY CRAP, He must have fallen off!"

The cops might think that was funny enough to give you a ride home after they impound your vehicle.

Still check the online DMV - the people who work there really don't know everything like they try to pretend they do - the vehicle code is enormous.

wait. I've never bothered with this because I have a license. but let me get this straight. they said you can't have both a learners. and a moped permit. how does that make sense. the purpose of the permit is so you can ride if you don't have a license. and you can ride legally if your 16 or older. and your 17 so you should be able to walk into an MVA (with your parents because they need to sign for you) and they will give you a vision test. and a knowledge test. then give you your permit. I don't understand how or why they would even need to know about your learners. if anything the learners proves you have more knowledge of driving then the average un licensed person to walk in and get a permit. did they give you a valid reason for why you can't have both at the same time. if this is even true. either way you should go to the MVA and give it a try. it wouldn't hurt more then your time.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account