Rec's for where to try on/buy a helmet in Mass?

Hi All, I buy alot of stuff online, but thought perhaps I should try on some helmets locally so I won't have to ship them back when they don't fit or just aren't right. Just wondering if anyone in the Metrowest Boston or RI area has a shop they'd recommend for buying a (possibly full-face) helmet? Thanks!

Re: Rec's for where to try on/buy a helmet in Mass

Just head for a motorcycle shop! Anyone of them will have helmets..

Well in RI I'd recommend Java Speed Scooters.

it's in providence.

and it's just a fun scooter shop/coffee shop, but freds right any motorcycle shop, prices aren't really that different everywhere..

but for experience I'd go there, I'm not even sure what there helmet selection is like.

-Aaron

Sondra, I got mine at Riverside Sports in Somerville because I wanted a Z1R helmet and that's the only place I could find them. Mine's not a full face helmet but I think they have a decent selection.

Also, most helmet manufacturers have a size chart on their website, so if you find one you like online you can just measure your head.

sondra i got my hjc full face at parkway motorsports for 89 bucks. you can always try on the helmets for size and they guys would help you out. riverside motorsports is also great and its right in somerville.

theres also another one in arlington called greater boston motorsports. half helmets usually run around 50 bucks. a good full face costs around 90 at the least

I also got my half helmet at Riverside (the newer one I never wear).

I lucked out on the fit and ordered mine online. I checked the manufacturer's site for measurements, double-checked reviews to see if the helmet fit like advertised, and then took a tape measure to my noggin to be precise. Most of the places I've seen online actually will let you send it back within 7 days...contrary to what I've been told by Greater Boston Motorports which was when I walked out the shop it was mine forever. I still think the internet will yield a good result for great prices; it's just a slightly larger leap of faith and maybe a few bucks to ship back. But you're not limited to the stock of stores in the area! Pros and cons for each...

I found a helmet I liked online, and went to Riverside Motorsports in Arlington to try on helmets of the same brand. They didn't have the helmet I wanted, but they said they could order it (no shipping cost), and maybe even price match... (maybe). But then I found a super good deal and just went ahead with it online. Hasn't come yet, but should be here this week.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account