Don't do business with this guy he doesn't pay

Made a deal with Daniel Allen in Sacramento: http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/dgma/ . to sell him a Maxi long seat, and a Za50 motor on July 16, 2008. I sent him a request for money via pay pal on July 16. Days went by with no payment, or word from this guy. I finally emailed him to find out what was up, and when he was going to make payment, and he asked for a few more days. When I asked him to be more specifid about when he was going to pay, he went M.I.A. What a Jerk off!!!! The following is the email thread from first contact until today:

July 29, 2008

Dan,

I’m really angry with you. By not keeping your word you cost me time and money, and stress. I passed on a couple other buyers to keep my word with you, and now they are gone.

As men all we have is our word. And your word is shit. Actually less than shit. At least shit has value.

MAN UP AND GET BACK INTO INTEGRITY WITH YOURSELF!

Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:50 PM

To: Adam Leiter

Subject: RE: FS/1981 Puch Maxi MKII Seat... and now the pics

Hey man... Yea sorry about that... Yea we are still on as far as I am concerned. it will be a couple of days if thats ok with you....

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, Adam Leiter <1adam1@att.net> wrote:

To: raised2lyfe@yahoo.com

Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 10:06 AM

Hey Daniel,,

I sent you shipping costs, and a paypal request on July 16. I want to know when you are going to make payment. If I don&#700;t hear from you today I will assume that you have terminated our agreement.

Adam

Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:00 AM

No thanks man. I already have a couple of those racks and side rails. The picture of the za50 isn't coming through. The only other things I would be interested in are engines or engine parts. Let me know what else ya got. Also the pics of the za50

--- On Tue, 7/15/08, Adam Leiter <1adam1@att.net> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 8:47 PM

Hey Daniel,

Are you looking for the rear rack, (see pics), and side rails?

Adam

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:02 PM

Hey man. Thanks for the pics.. Did you happen to have any pics of the za50? The address is 3300 renwick ave. #2028

elk grove, CA, 95758. Thanks again..

Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 5:31 PM

Deal!

Here is a link to the pics of the seat. http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll384/1leiter1/1981%20Puch%20Maxi%20MKII%20Seat/ .

I didn&#700;t get to Fedex in time to get the shipping for the motor. I&#700;ll get it done tomorrow morning. Please give me the address you want me to ship to. That way I can get an exact $ amount for everything, and give you my paypal info.

Thanks,

Adam

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:50 PM

Dude that sounds awesome!

I tried to open the picture file but it wasn't coming up. Can you resend the picture? $115 sounds great. Get back to me on the shipping and we'll arrange payment.

Thanks for following up

Dan

Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 1:46 PM

Seat and motor $115 & you pay shipping. I&#700;ll find out the shipping expense this afternoon. I will include a tranny side gasket I bought from my moped shop. It is supposed to be the exact thickness, very important on the ZA50.

Let me know.

Adam

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:20 PM

How much for the seat shipped? 50? Also, I want the za50 bottom end. Gimme a price on that. I know they have been pretty hard to find lately, just let me know... You got paypal?

See ya..

Dan

Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 9:48 AM

Hey Dan,

Let&#700;s just say there is a lot of wiggle room in that $350. I have just about everything from this bike. I&#700;ve owned it since new. I have the bottom end of the ZA50 and the head, but no cylinder. The motor ran well before I dismantled it. I was going to kit it, and stopped before I barely got started.

Let me know what you are looking for, I&#700;ll snap pics and send them to you, then we can work on a deal. I&#700;ve attached pics of the seat and the rear rack. Let me know if you want them and how much you are willing to pay.

Adam

Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:13 AM

Subject: Re: FS/1981 Puch Maxi MKII Seat... and now the pics

Hey man.. Thanks for the pics, but I already have five stars, even cleaner than that. nice specimen though. Are those really going for 350? If you have anything else, I would be interested. Any engine parts, e50 or za50, seat, kits etc... Lemme know... thanks man

Dan

--- On Mon, 7/14/08, Adam Leiter <1adam1@att.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: FS/1981 Puch Maxi MKII Seat... and now the pics

Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 8:43 PM

I hate when I do that.

Adam

Re: Don't do business with this guy he doesn't pay

wow i'm tired of this shit. YOu do know emails are private messages and you can be sued for sharing such info online right?

Either way how much you want for your maxi long seat?

Cry more please!!!!!

Sue me for what? I have a moped and a bunch of debt. lol. The seat $40 plus shipping.

I'm not cryin asshole I'm trying to save the rest of you from getting burned. But you can go ahead and do a deal with him.

yeah, these threads are getting to be a bit much, i think. unless its something fantastically out of control, like the guy you were selling your moped to basically stole your bank account info and cleaned it out, i feel like its best not to publish peoples correspondence as well as their names and addresses, which are then googleable forever. everybody has their moments.

andrewheds ebay foxi seller was an example of an unambiguously shitty seller who deserved to be outed, and who we all needed to know about. some kid who cant pay up needs to grow up, but not publicly shamed like this.

the problem is that 2 weeks isn't that big of a deal. try waiting two months, like most of us have.

also, you spammed the forums and are therefore a dick.

still, $115 for a za50 and long seat is a good deal.

I fully and responsibly accept the dick title. As an amends I will never do that again.

Listen DICK, he probably has a good reason for not contacting you, and now you spammed him on MA

F_A_I_L_E_D

fuck this shit. petty, its all petty bullshit. put it on the buy/sell forum and someone will grab it in no time. so he changed his mind or cant come up with the money, either way you are out nothing. i agree that it sucks, but i think the last email you sent to him would probably have sufficed. the calling out on the forums and subsequent embarrassment that he is now dealing with is a step too far. if you owned a store and someone changed their mind about buying something would you tell all of that persons friends that they are a loser? no, because thats not how shit works.

i am so tired of these posts, deal with it. unless something was stolen or he kidnapped your child, just move on.

i feel dirty for adding to this.

I see your point, and I'm starting to feel dirty myself. yuk!!

Harold Help!!!

I let my anger, and fear do a mean and stupid thing. please pull this thread from both forums. Or let me roast in my shame. It's in your hands.

Re: Harold Help!!!

Email him....

Re: Harold Help!!!

thanks... email sent

« Go to Topics — end of thread
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.