1981 Honda Express 11 na50 carburetor

Dennis /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, here's my situation. When I got the bike the carburetor was leaking gas from the air intake. I was told to clean it and replace the float pin. while taking it apart I realized that the oil line was connected to the port with the float needle in it and gas to the other port. When the bowl would fill up the float would push the pin up shutting off the oil flow but not the gas. Thus, overflowing the carb with gas. So I switched them. It stopped leaking gas but when I tried to start it, it spit oil out of the exhaust. Finaly, I decided to exclude the oil injection all together, capped the oil line, premixed my own gas, and ran it into the port with the float pin and left the other one open. It runs like a dream, started on the second kick!

Which brings me to my question(s).

Will this damage the bike?

Do I still need to put oil in the oil tank for the motor?

Is there anything else that I need to do besides cap the oil line where it met the carb?

If this is safe, what is the best ratio for mixing gas for these things?

Greatly appreciate anyone who can help and sorry for the long post, I'm a moped army virgin.

Thanks,

Dennis

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account