MA Graphic Novel?!?

Is this associated with you clowns?

http://www.paulsizer.com/moped_army/mopedarmy_intro.htm

I mean, for real? I don't post much, most of my questions are answered by the Wiki or by searching previous threads. But this _demands_ an answer, of some kind, anyway.

Re: MA Graphic Novel?!?

check out the sample pages

This book gave Simon, the creator of this website, a name for this website. If it were not for this book, this web site might be just as hum drum as moped riders web site.

wow.

this has been the gromiest day on the gen forum yet.

you guys need to jump off roofs.

"This book gave Simon, the creator of this website, a name for this website. If it were not for this book, this web site might be just as hum drum as moped riders web site."

Other way around dude, the Moped Army gave Paul Sizer the ideas for his book. He even posts here from time to time. He also created a pretty rad patch.

Ahh, question answered. Thanks.

omg

lol

Hear that,y'all? apperantly we're the epitome of cyberpunk, and I was going for steampunk, day-am.

In the year 2277, gasoline is an illegal substance. New cities get built over existing cities, making the original an infrastructure of the city above. And those who live below must pave their own future, or decay like the environment around them. This is the world of the MOPED ARMY.

While MOPED ARMY may sound like science fiction, it is in science fact a real organization that inspired Sizer within his home city of Kalamazoo, Michigan. The Moped Army is a gang of moped owners and riders who banded together in the late 90's because of a mutual love of old traditional mopeds from the 70's and early 80's. Members were required to repair and rebuild their own mopeds, and since then the few initial members have grown to hundreds. The Moped Army has branches across the United States, each branch with its own identity and name (i.e. The Decepticons, The Blue Shirts, The Tom Cruisers, The Mosquito Fleet).

SIZER: "The Moped Army is the epitome of the vision that William Gibson had for the future in his writings about the cyberpunk culture. These guys ride around on old, reclaimed machines, yet communicate with cel phones and PDAs, and tape web cams to their handlebars and run them from PowerBooks crammed into their sidebags to make digital movies. They embody a very pure essence of punk culture, in that they make what makes them different their strengths. What is considered a liability is taken and made into an advantage. Most of the members of the Moped Army are kids who are the left of center/alternative crowd, very intelligent and savvy and very dedicated to this part of their lifestyle. This is not a 'purchase into the club' scenario; the Moped Army is all about sweat equity, investing time and heart into what you love doing, and being ready to defend that investment any way they have to."

Because the Moped Army hosts such a diverse spread of members (both male and female) with such a wide area of expertise, they are an incredibly well organized organization, hosting the most comprehensive moped informational website in the world (www.mopedarmy.com), filming their own digital documentaries and producing their own DVD. "They 'own their geek', and use their love of technology to make opportunities for themselves. Most of the members work day jobs, programming HTML, working retail or going to college. But at night, I can hear them cruising the streets of the city, like a swarm of angry hornets on their way to the all-night coffee shop."

Sizer approached the heads of the Moped Army with the idea of doing a graphic novel based on them in a near-future world, and they were interested in helping with reference and consulting on the mechanics of the story's content. At the 2003 Wizard World Chicago convention, Sizer officially debuted his plans to do this graphic novel, and the initial fan buzz was overwhelming. SIZER: "I would be selling my LITTLE WHITE MOUSE product and people would be interrupting me to ask 'What's up with MOPED ARMY?' It was really amazing to have so much interest generated from a few images and a name."

you realize this is years old, right? just wondering.

if by _years_ old you mean 2007, than yes, I did realize that it was published last year. ;)

and by we're I mean you're , seeing as how in accordance with the thoughts of the late, great Groucho Marks " I wouldn't belong to any club that would have _me_ as a member "

oops my bad, 2005, no I had no idea, just ran across it today.

this piece of shite was published like three years ago. y'all are a bunch of noobs.

hey has anyone seen this video?!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

members can be dicks.

Yeah dudes, yall should comment that video all up on the 1977mopeds myspace!

At 0 seconds i guess Hollywood Holt.

This is 2007! Where have you been...

"and tape web cams to their handlebars and run them from PowerBooks crammed into their sidebags to make digital movies."

lol wtf? was this prophecy? if that was written in 2005 who the fuck did it?

hm...some weirdo from california came to one of our rallies and did that...

i can't seem to remember his name though...herod? hercules? herpies? any help?

Lighten up... It's a comic dumbass. As in fiction.

heheheee

no way, it's totally based on a true story

Vimy Ridgeway /

Bad graphic novel. Gang forgets it touted it last summer and fall. Welcome to the waterslide summer of moped commitment. Rode 60 miles today. How'd it go for you? Hot enought for ya?

Obviously, Harold, you've never seen "Violence American Style." circa 2001 filmed by a bunch of early Decepticons, when Dave B still had a mowhawk. All filmed on webcams at about 3 fps.

Noob.

Maybe it was "American Style Violence." I don't remember now. It was THAT long ago!!

I'm very smug and arrogant about being the first non-decepticon MA member at a moped rally.

Vimy Ridgeway /

those movideos were shit, anyway. Put a camera on my bars and it's fucking great, man... punk chunking w/toyz.

Yeah, you stupid fucking dumb-asses! This is _2007_; a time when Tomos oil injectors never fail, and ignorant, hateful veterans beg for undeserved, free mopeds.

I need to ride more, and use the internet less; I am getting depressed.

man, i liked it. i got it from amazon the other day. pages falling out and all.

i really thought geof darrow would have done a better job with the graphics.

the story does leave that open, i mean for more story.

here is some of geof darrows legendary work on a very graphic novel titled "Hardboiled"

meant to post the above in direct reply.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

moped army is less of a sci-fi and more of a fairy tale

its about an interpid hero named puch skywalker from the polini system.

he is schooled in the ways of the moped by moby-won-kenobi.

he quickly finds trouble from an space thug named jawa the hutttttt

with the help of his new friend han solex and his incredible ship the motron falcon, they escape!

but they soon find themselves in the grasp of targ aped, a madman bent on galactic ruin!

can puch skywalker defeat the evil targ aped and save the general forum?

READ THE GRAPHIC NOVEL MOPED ARMY TO FIND OUT!!!

SPOILER ALERT!puch skywalker wins the day after his enemies lightsabers condenser fails.SPOLIER ALERT!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account