I have a decision to make

I could use some advice on something,This afternoon As i rode my brown moped back from a friends house something around the rear axle let loose and the tire started wobbling so I limped it back to the garage and took a look. This looks like a real clusterfuck to fix so my question is Since Im getting other blue moped tommorrow morning of the same kind and since it needs parts should I part out the one that fucked up on me today to fix the other? Mind you the brown moped has its share of wiring problems and whatnot besides the rear tire.Thanks

Re: I have a decision to make

Jake Shaughnessy /

sell it to me

do it

follow your heart

If i have the part the brown one out to fix the blue one its gonna break my heart buit just think of all the spare parts ill have.

Use the blue one's rear axle for now (since it's summer), then go and order the bearings or whatever you need for it. I'd check that grease in there, and maybe how tight you tighten them down. I'm not familiar with those axles, so that's about all I can say.

Deezy Im gonna have to order a whole new rim i think, something by the chain sprocket let go and went inside by the axle i dunno if its even salvagable.

I have a decision to make

I say look for a red one...or maybe yellow.

silver?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

don't part out a running ped. Maybe put it aside for the time being, but don't salvage one for another, especially if that leads to 2 non-runners.

toe fur threadkiller /

i'll trade you a Leif Garrett record for it.

Take a picture of this problem, if you can. Most problems like this are easy to fix if you can get the right size loose bearings , that is if you lost any. I am not sure what the problem is, but many times loose bearings are involved. I wish i had simple problems like that, i got engine problems left and right.

That might be a easy fix . I have some axles and bearings and other stuff . Just rebuild the 5 star . Send myemail a pic and I might be able to help you .

ya just do what dz said, but be real careful not to create 2 non runners

just have a bike shop look at it, they are only bearings.

Andrew its not just the bearings,something on the side where the peddlesprocket is let go and went into the housing where the axle is located,I tried getting it out by just ended up with a bunch of metal shavings instead.If anything I suppose I could get a new rear rim and try that Im still trying to decide since Im picking up that blue one tommorrow morning.

Shit Im torn on what to do.

BryAn eurism /

You would be smart to contact Myron's or the Landsquids. That wheel can be saved

Well I got the foxi today and I hate to report that it was too messed up to bring back on a lighter note the rear wheel and seat works wonderfull on my brown one.I am now the proud owner of a box full of parts.Anybody need anything or does anybody want the frame before it goes to the scrap heap?Shoot me an email.

« Go to Topic — end of thread