A few questions about classic mopeds

Alexander Wilson /

Okay, So I've got my eye on a 1967 Raleigh Runabout 50cc... And I was wondering on a few facts.

Like whats the ROUGH top speed of something of that design with rider being 134lb's?

What sort of transmission does it use? Just a dual set of sprockets? One from engine to wheel, Other from pedal to wheel?

Also, How many parts are out there for the Motobecane engines of that era? Cause I'm tempted to squeeze some performance out of it

Final question, Say I geared the bike up IMMENSELY high, Would I be able to pedal up to roughly 15 mph, THEN start the bike up so it can cope with the immense gearing?

Re: A few questions about classic mopeds

parts availability for that engine will be soso. I would expect a top speed around 30mph. As far as pedaling it up to 15mph, I'm not sure any moped can be pedaled up to that speed. Most of them are capable of about 5 to seven under human power.

Alexander Wilson /

Okay, Thanks for that, I'm used to getting about 15mph on a BMX, So I wondered if this would be similar =/

Alexander Wilson /

ALSO...

Will I have to mix the 2t oil myself? Or will there be a mixing bowl?

Cause I've never mixed and I dont have a clue XD

just get a 1-5 gallon gas tank

« Go to Topic — end of thread