3 speed 4 stroke engine on a moped

Besides mounting problems, has anyone ever thought about putting a lifan engine or equivlant on a moped nothing huge only something like a 50-70cc.

I thought about putting one on a toptank batavus HS50. The results would be a cool looking motorcycle kind of like a honda MB5. kind of... let the flames roll :D

Re: 3 speed 4 stroke engine on a moped

yes search youtube and performance forum

Awesome, i was hoping i wouldn't be the odd man out here!

Anything's possible with a welder and a little know-how.

sounds pretty good but 50cc 3 speed 4stroke is only a little bit better or equal to a 50cc 1 speed 2 stroke with no performance parts on either. once u go preformance the 2 stroke will wip the 4 stroke. so a tomos motor would be cheaper and faster in the end.

I have a honda 72cc 5 speed that I would like to put on a moped, but I don't have any way to weld a mounting bracket.

I have a dead Ct70 engine. I'm going to see if it will mount up and give good clearance (depending if the Batavus is still for sale). If so i'm going to give it a try with a lifan clone. I have always liked the top tank mopeds, and the lifan engines are pretty cheap. The reason why i would go with the Batavus, is that i looked in the performance tunign section and there is not a whole heck of a lot you can do with them performance wise. The result would look pretty cool i think.

thinking about it again,

Would a tomos a35 mount on to a batavus HS50?

wrong i guess you never rode any of the old hondas i had a minitrail 50 that would smoke just about all kitted mopeds with no problem

up the gearing and they do over 50 easy

my c70 will do over 60

compared to a stock tomos that will do about 35

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account