Boston Happenings 7/28 - 8/3

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

i didn't see a thread yet for this week...

were there any ideas for this week's ride? someone had posted a route on google maps a couple weeks ago. i think that it could be cool to bounce some ideas around on here. for those that don't know, you can drag around the line to map out your route....avoiding certain roads, and then you can paste the link to show your route. very useful, especially if people want to join up later in the ride.

also, i heard that there may be a fix it next weekend.....true?

Fix -it

I put up information about a fix-it possible at my house next weekend. I have several bikes that needs some work. The wife gave me the go-ahead to offer one as I will be away the next several weekends.

I have several boxes of misc. parts at my house that people could rummage through for parts they need..

Re: Fix -it

This would be saturday beginning around 10:30am or 11:00am, just after Elvra is walking up.

If not everyone can make Saturday, anyone that wants to come help out is welcome. I will host who ever wants to help out or needs help.

fred, you should strap the elf to your chest in a modern-day papoose and parade her around the fix it.

elf is not the preferred nomenclature

that sounds cool. I can bring tools and stuff. Sounds awesome. Whats busted fred? let me know, i might have parts to fix it.

I brought here to Phil's this past weekend but could only stay a short time as my grand parents were in town!

She was a hit! We need to make a sidecar or fix up the mochariot I have at my house.

I have a General 3 Star with reed valve that is having issues. Brakes are shot also. Might be a problem with reeds, no gas cap.

I have my Newport with 65cc kit that is giving me problems. Fuel/air mixture might be wrong or could have an air leak. The front brake is sticking...

I have not ran the other newport in some time so might need to take a look see..

Count me in for a Wednesday ride. It would be slick to rally around Fenway seeing that the Sox are home this week...although, you know? I think it's a day game on Wednesday.

Whatever. I'm in for a ride. I know the south shore was brought up, but the cops thing was an issue.

I'm always in for going west! Like out Comm Ave through Newton and Wellesley and stuff, although I can't think of a worthy destination. Too bad...if we were in Concord already, we could head out to Kimball Farms in Westford.

HEY!!!! Let's go mini-golfing! Or something silly like that. There's that place right off route 9 in Weston. There's gotta be other places too.

Weather should be good.....what do people think?

i'll have to come out to the fix it and finish my maxi project.

on a side note, fred, or anyone, do you have a pedal chain tensioner for a maxi? i had to take one off my newport to put on the maxi. i am thinking of selling the newport....so need to get it in tip top shape. this isn't the place, but if anyone is interested in a newport, let me know.

I know for certain that I do not have a extra tensioner, sorry! But bring the ped on by! I have misc. other puch parts but not sure exactly what anymore. I sold about 3 puch parts bikes several months ago..

if i can't get a hold of one locally, i'll just spend the dough on ebay. i have run out of moped storage as of the last weekend, and need to part with one.

Re: Boston Happenings 7/28 - 8/3

i have to swap out bottom ends on my lazer cause i think it has a fucked up gear or something plus the seals are bad and leaking oil

il brobably do it tonight and hopefully il be there wednesday and most likely saturday

me and one or two other guys will be there for a wednesday ride. somebody a week or so ago said we could bring a truck to their place and cruise to the Otherside from there.. i forget who it was, and would like to see if the offer still stands. Thanks,

-Steve

PS ill be bringing some novi coils, a few people said they wanted one or something. i cant even remember ha

speaking of trucks....this also doesn't belong here, but i'm selling a schoolbus for anyone interested. picture attached!

1217272339_dsc01653.jpg

Brendan,

Is this your tour bus..

it is....it has carried many mopeds, too. it has a loft in it right now, so it isn't ideal for mopeds, at the moment, but that can change.

Do you live in a van down by the river?

that is a great picture!

someone could live in it....but not me

Oh shit. That could be the official KHZ rally bus!

I'll try to get my Puch over to that fix it on Saturday if Possible. Finally got a new petcock in the mail. If anyone has a 14mm intake for a ZA50 they wanna sell me bring it to the fixer!

I might have a intake or two put not sure...I have not looked in awhile.

Brendan, you should keep the bus! Does it run?

it does run...and runs well. i just took it up to rye yesterday to pick up a magnum and go surfing. it is posted on craigslist right now. i am looking to sell this and my car and buy an astrovan or something like that. i don't drive either very often...maybe 5000 miles per year, total.

just a heads up. i've been talkn't o the kid, but i can't afford anything until my maxi sells.

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/773394713.html

i got so close to getting my maxi going tonight....i anxiously await the fix it.

This might be Sunday instead...

I hope that is not a problem for anyone but it would work better.

Re: This might be Sunday instead...

andy can i buy your old 15mm intake and riser?

i got a tccd kit i need a square intake for LOL

I have a chain tentioner whoever needed one

hey phil, how's the blue moby?

did you fix the gurtner? did you use the dellorto? does it run?

yes, it got started.

the only issues it still has are that extra tight pedal chain, getting the carb to mount air-tight(i told him to use that aluminum tape he's got, and jets( witch i have)

see y' all wendsday

~SABAT!

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

I'm gonna try to swing by on Saturday morning, I've got to play it by ear cuz I'll be coming off a 16 hour shift. Sometimes after that I feel ok, but other times I hallucinate friggin elves and shit running around on my ride home.

I'm also out for wednesday, on account of the gig.