transporting a puch

I have been looking around for a puch, I have some leads on local ones. I have also been looking for one in a 2 hour drive radius.

If i was to buy one far away, anyone see problems with laying one down in the back of my car ?? I have a hatchback.

I have seen them on Roof racks, yet i do not have one.

thoughts ??

Re: transporting a puch

If you dont mind getting your car dirty it more then likely will work I think I have also seen people taken the tires and handle bars off and putting it in the back seat.

what about a bike rack on the back of a car ?? anyone done this ??

if u do lay it down. lay it down on there drive way first then u know what will leak and u can fix that. as for the bike rack should work try it and tell us :P

if you have a hatchback volkswagen, like your name/profile suggests, you'll totally be able to fit it in with seats down. if need be, take off the front wheel and handlebars and you'll be cherry.

yeah it is a VW hatchback, ok cool

Im new to puch's, will i need many tools for this ?

A crescent wrench, a number 5metriic allen head (I think),. Wrench to take off the front wheel and to remove the drain plug and drain the transmission fluid (so it doesn't leak all over your car) and the allen head to loosen the handle bar clamps

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i think i remember seeing a pic of someone who had put some kind of huge diaper around the motor to keep it from messing the back seat...

it could have been a weird dream, though.

good luck.

drain your fluids if you feel it necessary. Some disassenbly required. But thats half the fun.

make sure you take out that tranny fluit. it smells like dead fish dicks. its gross.

I fit one in the back of my Toyota Matrix, it fit well and leaked a little.

just put a tarp down in the back and drain the gas and tranny fluid first.

2 in a honda civic...so yeah you can do it

sweet, glad other people have done it then

Lance applewhite /

My sachs engine will leak tranny fluid from the clutch cable/decompression hole if I lay it on it's side.

Maybe get a bulb syringe in the baby isle at wal-mart to suck out as much fluid as you can.Put plastic and cardboard and rags under it just in case there's still fluid way back in the engine.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Multiple times I"ve hefted them ontop of my Jeep Cherokee, and used a fuckton of tiedowns. Kinda scratches up the roof if you don't take off pedals/kickstand, but it can work.

Lance applewhite /

When you re-fill with tranny fluid,go a couple blocks and check the level.It may need more added after it's warm.My Sachs does

I have transported all my peds in the back of my hyundai accent even a chappy that was from a 750 mile round trip. So far the only one with leaking problems was the QT50. Hopefully I dont have the same problem with the one I am picking up this week.

ive transported my puch, i just drained the gas and loosened the handlebars so they dropped lower, the tranny fluid was ok. i dont know if it matters what side to lay it on but I layed mine on the right side. oh, it was in the back of a subaru.

Paul, give me a call when you get home from work tomorrow. I am back on third so if you need someone to go with you to take a look, or partially dissasemble this thing for transport I could go with you. As long as you have me home by 10.

ps...

You need a moped.

pss...

Now

I know... everyone i find is already sold, or just sold

Im getting frustrated !! arggggh

« Go to Topic — end of thread